Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Janet's Cheesecake

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:14 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 189 Total Views

Janet's Cheesecake

2 packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup whipping cream (of course, it's ideal if cream cheese and whipping cream are organic and even raw, but it's delicious no matter what)
3/4 cup honey
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla

Whip the whipping cream in it's own bowl and set aside.

Mix the cream cheese well, with the honey, lemon juice and vanilla. Taste for sweetness and adjust if necessary.

Fold the whipping cream in until all is well mixed.

Almond Coconut Crust

2 cups crushed almonds (I just grind up whole almonds in my food processor)
2 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
3/4 cup melted butter
1 cup honey

Mix all ingredients in a medium sized bowl, until thoroughly mixed. Press into 2 glass pie plates. Bake at 350 F for 8-10 minutes.

Top crust with cream cheese mixture, and freeze for several hours, minimum. Take out and let thaw slightly before serving.

Note: My MIL has large pie plates, and finds the crust recipe is only enough for 1 1/2 of them. I have accidentally used the entire amount of crust in only 1 pie plate, and though it was definitely a bit crust heavy, nobody complained either, because the crust is that good! You might need to play around a bit with different sized plates, or try using a springform cheesecake pan instead (this recipe suits a large springform well, if I remember correctly).

As well, there are many different ways to eat this cheesecake. Some of us in the family prefer it frozen-frozen, while some prefer it more softly frozen or only refrigerated (I believe my MIL sometimes adds a little gelatin if she's not planning to freeze it, to help it keep it's shape). We also love to add berries and sauces on top, like raspberry, blackberry or our favorite, strawberry!

And no, this isn't a picture of the actual cheesecake, because I haven't made it in a while, but it looks similar to this, with about a 1 cm coconut/almond crust. It's amazing, so you'll just have to try it! I can't wait to have a piece this Christmas!

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)