Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Daddy Shower???

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:14 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 296 Total Views

Well here I am again, even though I swore to not throw any more Baby Showers.  My son and his girlfriend are having his 2nd child (her first). She has decided that she doesn't want a shower, which I don't understand since they have nothing for the baby. I don't think she realizes how very expensive babies can be. I think she is worried about not having very many people to invite ( she's not the nicest person). Has anyone ever given a Daddy Shower? Is there even such a thing? I would like to celebrate the new addition to our family without upsetting the mommy. Any help, please!!!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ILUVMOOS
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Wow A Daddy Shower ,What a great idea,though I never heard of one all I can say is WHY NOT!! A daddy shower would be great make it fun using dads , on the include a pic of a tired daddy with a bottle (look through cliparts sites there great and fill with fun pics)  ,or a daddy  with a cloth pin on his nose holding a diaper add a saying something like (pampers great or disposables are a blessing.. make it a daddy's can use all the help they can get type of shower for favors  you can make cloth pin pins ( like the kind the dads put on there nose when changing diapers ) ,paint them baby colors add a pin in the back  and pin the dads comming  in , if its a girl  a round piece of chip board with some pink lace with a sayings of  daddie's  little girl will soon be here and a pink diaper pin or a pink little rattle  ot cut out a baseball mitt and add a saying of he'll have daddies hands some day and a baby blue rattle or bottle  glue to it with a blue ribbon (Michael's has these cut out mitts of wood for about  25 cents )  most showers are not using the primary  baby colors you can use the mint greens and blues, the butter scotch yellows or lilacs Remember she doesn't have to know many people you also invite your family and your son friends, and why not  your friends I'm sure grandma friends would love coming to your sons shower . take alot of pictures and if i think of anything else ill post how this helps a bit

WebTechB
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Thank you so much for all the great ideas. I talked with my son today and he isn't sure about having a shower for him, so I'm not sure if we'll have one or not. I  have some time to talk him into it though. I think I can be pretty persuasive. My husband thinks it a great idea and even started naming guys to invite. I will let you know!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)