Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

April 14

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 6:55 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 226 Total Views
 Many of us developed a heightened sense of awareness of our thought as we recover in Al-Anon. After a while,we are able to notice the change when our thinking becomes distorted. But if we wish to put a stop to negative thoughts,awareness is just the beginning.
 When "stinking thinking" takes hold of me,I must do more than just dismiss the negative thoughts. I must replace them with something positive or I am likely to slide right back into my negative thinking.
 Our group ordered a collection of Al-Anon Conference-Approved Literature(CAL) on audio cassettes that I have gotten into the habit of listening to in my car when I'm driving around town. Even though I had read these pamphlets many times before,hearing them spoken out loud is a different and very powerful experience. If my attitude is not good,adjusting it by listening to Al-Anon wisdom on a tape,at a meeting,or one-to-one can get me back on track.

Today's Reminder

Today I am going to pay close attention to what I tell myself. if necessary,I'll stop in mid-thought,start over,and replace negative illusions with positive truths.

"What we teach ourselves with our thoughts and attitudes is up to us."     ...In All Our Affairs
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
serenity_now
by Member on Apr. 15, 2007 at 3:57 PM
Thank you for that post, as I'm going throughout my day I'm second guessing myself, even considering what "he" said might make sense. I have to remeber to step back, take a deep breath and see the truth. I love that phrase "stinking thinking". I do that a lot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)