Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting to a meeting!!

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 9:40 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 246 Total Views
I am having the hardest time right now getting to a meeting.
I know I need to because I havent been in 1 week and a half becuase of family stuff.  There is a meeting in 20 mins but I am in the middle of cooking dinner.  This is making me crazy right now.

Does anyone else have this problem?  Do your kids ever not let you do what you need to do for you?

Rachelle

by on May. 4, 2007 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mazzoncini-mom
by Member on May. 4, 2007 at 11:51 PM
Yes I understand!            
I have a  every Monday night meeting they still try to stop me!
I go unless my husband works late, I worked that out though. We now have a babysitter at the meeting. She watches our kids in a room down the hall.The other moms and I all pitch in to pay her. She makes ten to 15 dollars for the hour.
So she is happy and we get to go.
You might bring it up if ever needed. I think it works out good the moms all throw in a couple bucks and it adds up to more than enough without costing any one mom to much. Some of our new members used no sitter as a reason to not come so we started this and it works out great.
boysmommy
by on May. 14, 2007 at 4:02 AM
That is very frustrating. I am going to only one meeting every Monday and a Wednesday meeting once a month. I wish meetings around me had a babysitter, but no. I start to lose my serenity if I miss one of whose meetings. Good luck to you. Thanks for your comment. I prompted me to vent.
shnurbles
by on May. 14, 2007 at 11:59 AM
it's uncanny that this post was back at the top of the list today.  i was thinking all weekend that i really need to get to some meetings this week.  i'm lucky that there are lots in my area, but it's still hard for me to make it to them.  i'd been going to a friday morning meeting where my baby is welcome.  he's usually really well-behaved, but it's starting to get hard for him to sit for an hour.  so i don't go to that one every week.  there are also meetings every night at 7 or 8 that i could go to, but i have to get my baby down to my sister's house and make up some excuse to tell my husband what i'm doing.  it shouldn't have to be this hard!  and it's definitely a week where i could probably benefit from going to some meetings.  that's another post though...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)