Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What about babies?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2009 at 2:09 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 257 Total Views

So, I'm 27 (28 in Sept) and my hubby is 42.  He has two daughter from a previous marriage (11 and 10) and we have 2 children together (4 and 2)  I would like to have one more but, my hubby says he's "too old"  We are both Catholic and practice Natural Family Planning so, in my opinion, he's not totally closed off to the idea since technically we are not doing anything to prevent getting pg.  What are your feelings on another baby and his feelings on one more?

Blessed Mommy to Mitchell-4, Sydnee Marie-2 and an angel baby in Heaven and Step-momma to Alexx-11 and Taylor-10.

by on Jun. 25, 2009 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cstitch03
by on Jun. 25, 2009 at 2:33 PM

I don't think your husband is to old for another child. But you both have to agree with it. When my husband and I were having our first child he was 39 and I was 21, our second child was born 2 years later but our third child was born when he was 47 and I was 29. Our youngest daughter was my idea and he agreed. Now our kids are 31,29 & 23 and we are both happy with them.  He certainly isn't to old but maybe he is worried about what the future holds. I know my hubby was always worried about if something should happen to him and the kids were still young since I was a SAHM. Just talk to him and voice your desires. Good Luck to you.

motherhood77
by on Jun. 25, 2009 at 3:10 PM

He isnt too old. My hubby and I just had a baby in May and we are planning on another next year and he is 50! I am 24 going to be 25 in november.  We also have his 2 daughters from a previouse marriage (10 and 5) and then we have my son from a previuose relationship (4 yrs.)

Enkindle
by on Jul. 16, 2009 at 5:55 PM

I sympathize with you because my husband has decided against more kids for the same reason. We have a two year old daughter (and full time custody of my nine year old son) and I would love to have one more. He is not willing at 47 years old to have another child. I respect his decision but it makes me sad sometimes. he says he want us to both be relatively young and healthy when the kids are grown so we can enjoy our time together.

LydNew
by Group Owner on Sep. 15, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Having children is one of the challenges when it comes to being with an older person.  We go back and forth on having more kids.  He is a wonderful provider and is very aware of our finances, so he sometimes is overly concerned with something happening to him while we have children who are dependent on his salary.   When I see how stressful he can become with finances, I sympathize with him and don't want to put additional stress on him by trying to convince him to have another.  However, I strongly believe that if God blesses you with a baby, He will take care of his blessing. 

Body Magic! Drop up to 3 sizes in 10 minutes!!

https://www.ardysslife.com/?ID=ardyssproducts

konsmomma
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 9:37 AM

For us the talk of having a baby brought out lots of long stressful converstations.  I actually considered not marrying him because of his ideas on not having children.  I have one son from a previous relationship who is soon to be 6, he has a daughter that he adopted from his first marriage that is 18.  He doesn't see her or talk to her much but thats his daughhter.  So he always said two children are enough or I'm too old (35 at the time) and I've been told I can't have kids so it probably won't happen anyway.  But I finally came to the conclusion thats fine I'm happy with my son and if it's meant to be it'll happen anyway planned or not.  Then he says we have X amount of time to try, if it doesn't happen by then it won't happen and no way will we let it happen as I get closer to 40.  So long story short we were married in Oct. 2008, and got pregnant in April 2009.  Our son will be here in Jan!!  And he is already faltering here and there on his thought of not having anymore children after this one...

But I do understand his feeling of not after 40 and I will respect that, his family doesn't have a good history of a healthy life after 40 and he doesn't want to put us in jeopardy too much.  But we will take what we are blessed with.  He has pretty much adapted my thoughts of what will be will be.  If it's meant to be it will.

"Better to be an old mans sweetheart, then a young mans slave"

memory_adrift
by on Oct. 1, 2009 at 6:20 PM

I don't think he's too old. My husband and I had our first baby when I was 23 and he was 42. We just had our baby boy and I'm 25 and he's 44. So, it just all depends, my husband wanted more and he wanted to hurry up and have another one before he was like 50.

DoriNYC
by on Oct. 7, 2009 at 4:41 PM

It's not too old at all. I'm 24 and my hubby is 56!  I have a son from a previous relationship. He has no kids are we are expecting our first November 7th :)

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)