Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any paper makers in this group?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:08 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 413 Total Views

i'm a begginer paper maker and looking for someone to chat with on this subject! my first attempts are kind of crisp. i'm following the directions... confused

www.mothernecessity.etsy.com

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mandarose
by on Feb. 4, 2009 at 6:47 AM

I don't make paper but i would love for someone to teach me. Is there a better way than having to buy the kit?

momofGus
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2009 at 11:59 PM

I've taught papermaking to kids and adults, but have put away the supplies, boy I miss it! You DON"T need an expensive kit. If you want  instructions, send me a chat and I'll write a longer post Let me know if you need me to get out my stuff and phtograph how I make the screens... although I'm sure the library has tons of books or the internet.

How did you make your paper? that may help in answering your question about the stiffness. Your paper may be too crisp because it's too thick. Did you have any cotton linter added (not necessary, but it does help keep it soft)

I'll chat with you about papermaking if you'll chat with me about how to get started on etsy.!

freemama
by on Nov. 27, 2009 at 11:17 PM

OOH! OOH!  I wanna learn more about papermaking!  Anyone want to share more in here?  How do you make screens?  How do you get some kind of cotten in the paper?  What other kinds of things can you add to the mix?

*Formerly known as RadicalMama :)  Feel free (no pun intended) to check my journal to see why I transcended radicalness :)

Imamom4sure
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2009 at 7:45 PM

I've made paper from recycled paper, if that is what you mean, its been a while, I did it in an art class years ago.  what we did was put water and paper in a blender and puree the heck out of it, then put in bowl, mix with leaves or flowers or string or what ever, and then spread out on screens spread thin, and then let dry. then peel off, there you have it!  

00zensai
by Member on Nov. 30, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Oh that sounds like so much fun! 

I found a pretty good tutorial on YouTube

This would be a great project to do with the kiddos.  I think I might do this to make Christmas cards!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)