Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I knit for a south Florida new Mom?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 310 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Hi Everyone,

My cousin's daughter, whom I love very much, is having her first baby. She lives in Fort Lauderdale. I am from the northeast USA and am in a quandry. Please help, South Florida Moms?

The baby is due in September. My first instanct is to make some things for the baby and the baby's room. I can make some pictures for the nursery walls but I suddenly realized, A) I do not know how to knit, and 2) I do not know if it is too warm there to use baby buntings and blankets!

I will learn how to knit right away, or I will crochet, but am hoping some of you experienced South Florida Mommies will help me with what NOT to make and give me some ideas of what was really useful to you when you had your newborns! I'm sure I will have questions like and will appreciate any help you can give me.

Are wool afgans and blankets too warm for southern Florida babies? Does anyone have any thoughts on what I can knit or crochet for my darling cousin's first baby?

Thank you all!
confused

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Nickelodean
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I was given two blankies for my baby (different people and different styles...) my 2 year old is still using them... they actually came in very handy when the baby was little and needed to be swaddled.  Now she loves then and drags them all over the house.

I can take a picture of them later (I will look and see if I can find a picture of them in my files)

CousinMaggie
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Thank you so much for your help! Thanks to you, my little 2nd or 3rd cousin will have a blanket made with love.

girl giving flower

Hanab818
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Socks, hats but my all time fav is blankies. I have tons of them for the boys. My oldest doesn't need them when we go out anymore but he loves sitting on the couch and watching Mickey mouse and chuggington with one of his blankets.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)