Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MY jewlery...

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 10:24 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 983 Total Views

Poll

Question: would you be willing to give up your jewelry for a booking?

Options:

yes without hesitation

yes, but only after trying everything else first

no, not ever going to happen

other.... please fill in your response

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

Went to a zone training recently and got into a HUGE dispute with a zone manager.

Basically we were working on 30 second commercials. Which I totally needed to do. The lady I was working with said she liked my slide. It was a retired piece. She said she wanted it and she would book a show if I gave it to her.

I said I would not. No way. No how. My jewelry is MY jewelry. The zone manager went off. She said there was no piece of jewelry that she would NOT be willing to part with to book a show.

I TOTALLY disagree. The reason I signed up with Lia was because there were pieces that my sister had gotten at a show that I could NEVER get. Even as an advisor. Its the starbucks philosophy. They place a value on their product and sell it a 1000% mark up and we buy into it. We pay $4.50 for a drink that cost $0.30 to make.

I am not saying there arent SOME pieces I have that I would not be willing to give up to book a show. There are. And if the lady was adimant that she wanted a piece that I was NOT willing to give up I would do my best to find it for her. BUT there are pieces that I am not giving up to anyone ever! They are mine. What does it say about me if I place so little value on my jewelry that I am willing to give it up.

BTW... from all this I got my 30 second commercial.

If the lady said she wanted my slide and would book if I gave her the slide I would say something like...

if you like this old thing wait until to see the NEW 2009 spring collections. Let me show you the NEW pieces we've got out right now....

by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
drmartelle
by on Mar. 31, 2009 at 7:35 AM

I replied "other"....because it would totally depend on the piece!  Much of my jewelry I got because I LIKED IT!!  but if it was something I got because other people seem to like it, or I got it but don't love it...then yes...but for the most part....I'd say no!

ddwyer
by on Apr. 3, 2009 at 1:53 PM

For me I voted yes.. there are not all that many pieces that I personally keep.. only because I always love so much of the new pieces. If someone was willing to book for a retired piece that I had..  I would do it.. there are a lot of advisors locally within our teams and if I really wanted it I am sure I could find it to rebuy within the team.

Dana Dwyer

www.liasophia.com/fydjewelry

babyNme
by on May. 3, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I'm going to have to say other as well, because it does entirely depend on the piece. There are pieces I've bought because I liked them and now they are retired... so I want to keep them for my own personal collection. But if it was a piece I received for free or wasn't really attached to, I'd give it up...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)