Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grades 1-5th

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 10:10 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 782 Total Views

Have any advice for 1-5th grade please add her or if you need help in the area ask here

by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
acrogodess
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Hi, what should a 4th grader be learning?

KrissyKC
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:38 PM

If you don't buy a packaged curriculum and want an idea of what your grade level child should be learning... they have those books titled, "what every __ grader needs to know"   They could give you an idea of what goals to work toward, but remember those are based on a general public rule of thumb... your kids could learn faster or slower.

KrissyKC
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I am learning that they can skip a lot of things early on and not have to learn them a hundred times before their minds are old enough to retain it.

I'm not belittling repetition, but I am saying that my son is going into the third grade and still can't tell me some simple grammar concepts that we started learning in Kindy is.   I think he's just too young and learning too many other things.   Grammar is coming along better with my older child.

colman4
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I think you can find something online for the state you live in..they will give you guidelines of what your kids should know for your state.

taguilar1440
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Hi. There is an awesome book called "What You'r Fourth Greader Needs to Know" you can get it new or used off Amazon, or check it out at your local library. My library had the series. I had to get it for my first grader. It tells you what they should be learning in Language/Literature, History/Geography, Visual Arts, Music, Math, and Science. It really is an awesome book! Check it out!

elisfavoritemom
by New Member on Sep. 29, 2014 at 4:12 PM

My little guy just turned 7, and is in 2nd grade. During the summer, I came across excellent softcover workbooks entitled "comprehensive curriculum." You pick by grade level shown on the front cover (mine was grade 2) His workbook covers reading, reading comprehension, writing, English, spelling, and math. I would have liked geography and science included as well) but all in all, it is quite comprehensive and I like that they write directly into the workbook, so no printing out papers, or writing out answers on separate papers. I purchased mine at Costco. It is quite large, and contains 544 pages in all.  It was well worth the $11.99 price tag. Hope this helps!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)