Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6-8th grade

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 10:11 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 596 Total Views

Have any advice for 6-8th grade please add her or if you need help in the area ask here

by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
acrogodess
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Hi, I was wondering because NY state is very vague, what should a 6th grader be learning?

KrissyKC
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:45 PM

My 5th to 6th grader is learning grammar, writing, diagramming sentences with her 5th grade Rod and Staff english.  It's pretty intense, though, and very traditional because its written for the menonite schools.

And she does 6th grade math where she is really solidifying longer math problems and math concepts that she needs to know for Algebra in the next year or two.   Again, she's using Rod and Staff, and again, I'm finding it very formal and traditional.   Most days she responds well to this, but drags her feet others.    They are right now really drilling conversions (measurement conversions and such)... and she has been down the converting fractions/decimals and such too, plus longer division and multiplication involving decimals, fractions, mixed numbers.   She is learning some basic geometry and algebra, too.   Setting up equations, solving them with several steps, etc...  I forget what else they will be covering.

taguilar1440
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Hi, I am new to homeschooling. Only in my first month. I am having a hard time finding History/Social Studies lessons for first and seventh grade. Any suggestions?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN