Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

k5

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 934 Total Views

by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aneela
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM

my son is age 5 and due to be in K this fall 2012...we live in Md

aneela
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Oh i dont have a set curriculum picked out yet as I am also still looking around for things but I have bought a few things here and there...would welcome any advice on choosing things that would helping with learning to read

ssheffey27
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:51 PM
My dd will be 5 in April...she's in pre-k now but I will homeschool her for k in the fall. I'm pretty set on using mcp level a for math and explode the code for phonics. I'm also thinking about using weaver interlock so that I can teach my 3 yr old dd too.
mclane5
by owner on Mar. 20, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I will have a k5 in the fall. I will be doing My Fathers World. It was between that or Abeka.

mathgirl
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 12:53 PM
My daughter is 4, but will be turning 5 in October. I plan to use the A Beka K5 core curriculum, and possibly their social studies.
Brandysmom1107
by on Mar. 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I have a k5 daughter who is in Kindergarten. We use Math u See for Math, Explode the Code and Happy Phonics combined for Phonics, Handwriting without tears, Super Duper Speech, and our own Science.

allen66050
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 8:52 AM

We are new to Homeschooling as well and will start in the fall for 1st grade. After a couple of months of searching I have decided on My Fathers World. It looks like it will be great for beginners and I can add too it if needed.

contagiousnlove
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:30 AM
We are homeschooling my daughter raven in k5 this year. I live in MD
michiganmomof10
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I don't use any particular curriculum for K. I use "Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons" combined with "phonics pathways" for learning to read, workbooks from SAM's Club that teach a variety of math and concept skills. D'nelian handwriting for preschool is a great book for learning letters. Also maze books and dot to dots are fun and good for learning sequencing skills. Rhyming books is a great pre-reading activity, they help them hear phonemes. I like the rhyme Bible.  As you read, leave out the last word to see if he can figure out what word will come next. Incorporate math in every day life, counting cookies, and adding more, subtracting, etc. Science is all around you, just explore.  Let him know learning is fun.   

oahoah
by Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 12:11 AM

My DS2, Solomon, turned 5 in May and we will begin/continue Kindergarten work here in a few weeks.  I am going to use KONOS for him and DS1, as well as Horizons Math and McGuffy Reading.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)