Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Replies (11-14):
energygirl
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:30 AM

cute picture! I have a first grader too, going well so far :)

jessiejean
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:25 AM

We are doing 1st grade this year. My daughter loves math and science and is starting to get the hang of reading.

We use more of an unschool approach but use workbooks .. I bought the Learning to Read through Literature and she's loving it!

vmommy
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Late to roll call but my (almost) 7 yr old is in first.  He's speech delayed & not fond of (learning to) read or phonics.  But will do math and wants more science as long as it involves making a mess =) 

mamabear1630
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi, I have a daughter who will be going into first grade next fall. Shes super smart but shes very immature. She doesn't really like doing schoolwork unless its fun hands on stuff or done verbally. We have been using rod and staff first grade this year. I love the curriculum and my daughter understands everything we have covered but its not a good fit for her. There is way too much work per worksheet for her. we do a lot of it verbally. We will be switching to Abeka and plan to redo first grade since that was recommended by most in the Abeka group. I made copies of the last 10 lessons of the kinder Abeka and so far my daughter is doing a little better. She doesn't feel as overwhelmed. :) I've been adding some educational games and crafts to go with it and keep it fun.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)