Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3rd grade

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 477 Total Views

by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
oahoah
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Started 3rd with my oldest using Heart of Dakota for the first time, Bigger Hearts for His Glory (ages 8-10 and extension options for 11-12).  I really like it but notice there is quite a difference in the work between the previous book (Little Hearts for His Glory for ages 5-7).  My ds likes the reading portion & is very good at narration but he hates writing and we will do most work verbally and/or I will write down what he dictates to me so I can keep a record.  He is on Dreambox Learning for math and still struggling to finish 2nd grade.  His reading is above-grade and comprehension is great as well.  He has an analytical mind, he likes to build things and is a great problem solver. I have strongly considered unschooling and am just slowly making my way towards that with him while also trying to convince DH that unschooling can still have a solid education.

WifeMomStudent
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Have you thought of using math u see for math? He could work things out with the manipulatives and even build with them
kellistasik
by New Member on Sep. 6, 2014 at 9:43 AM

We use the Jubilee academy but my daughter is getting bored

MethodMom
by Member on Sep. 13, 2014 at 1:27 AM

I am using Queens. There are links from my blog. I LOVE it. My 8 year old loves it too. 

MethodMom
by Member on Sep. 13, 2014 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting oahoah:

Started 3rd with my oldest using Heart of Dakota for the first time, Bigger Hearts for His Glory (ages 8-10 and extension options for 11-12).  I really like it but notice there is quite a difference in the work between the previous book (Little Hearts for His Glory for ages 5-7).  My ds likes the reading portion & is very good at narration but he hates writing and we will do most work verbally and/or I will write down what he dictates to me so I can keep a record.  He is on Dreambox Learning for math and still struggling to finish 2nd grade.  His reading is above-grade and comprehension is great as well.  He has an analytical mind, he likes to build things and is a great problem solver. I have strongly considered unschooling and am just slowly making my way towards that with him while also trying to convince DH that unschooling can still have a solid education.

I switched from HOD to Queens this year. It was a great switch for us. There is a lot less reading. The seat work is shorter and more fun. I do write down my 8 year old's narrations sometimes. 

Aguilar_momma3
by New Member on Sep. 27, 2014 at 12:16 AM

I am teaching two third graders. I use several different curriculum's but the only curriculum I use yearly is Ace; I love their math Paces. I put together my own writing, science, and social studies lessons every semester but I supplement my lessons with Time for Learning. I use Dianne Craft's Reading program for one son who is dyslexic and we just finished Hooked on Phonics for my other son. For now our bible studies consist of random devotionals that I find and like for their age group.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN