Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5th grade

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 383 Total Views

by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mclane5
by owner on Mar. 19, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I have a child in this grade and we are using LFBC. He is having a hard time dividing large numbers with decimals.

Moma3boyz
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Hey. I have 2 kids in 5th. One has a couple of learning disabilities so we are learning how to work with those. The other has adhd. When we took him out of school we also took him off the meds so he is constantly on the go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mclane5
by owner on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:27 AM

what learning disabilities does he have? I used to teach learning disablities kids. I had CLP kids and Autisum kids. I also took special needs classes in college. I maybe able to help you.

Quoting Moma3boyz:

Hey. I have 2 kids in 5th. One has a couple of learning disabilities so we are learning how to work with those. The other has adhd. When we took him out of school we also took him off the meds so he is constantly on the go.

Moma3boyz
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:57 AM
He has dyslexia and dyscalcluia. His reading if doing better but his spelling is horrible. He still has trouble spelling what he worked on in 1st and 2nd grade. His math he knows addition and subtraction. He hasn't caught on to multiplication yet and he had trouble with story problems. I figure that is a combo that would be hard for him, but we still work together on them.

Quoting mclane5:

what learning disabilities does he have? I used to teach learning disablities kids. I had CLP kids and Autisum kids. I also took special needs classes in college. I maybe able to help you.

Quoting Moma3boyz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mclane5
by owner on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:00 AM

have you looked into explore the code? this is an easy book and very cheap he is a link for you and you can look inside the book http://www.christianbook.com/explode-the-code-book-1/nancy-hall/9780838814604/pd/146060?item_code=WW&netp_id=203440&event=ESRCQ&view=details

Moma3boyz
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Awesome! Thanks again.

Quoting mclane5:

have you looked into explore the code? this is an easy book and very cheap he is a link for you and you can look inside the book http://www.christianbook.com/explode-the-code-book-1/nancy-hall/9780838814604/pd/146060?item_code=WW&netp_id=203440&event=ESRCQ&view=details

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)