Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

to sell or keep?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:34 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 454 Total Views

I have accumulated a lot of curriculum and we barely touched the majority of it last year, which was our first year.  I saved my oldest's K curr. from BJU Press for my middle son who is starting K but in reviewing it I am not sure it's going to work afterall, it's pretty overwhelming, mainly the size of the Teacher's Guide and the fact that it appears to be geared more towards an actual classroom setting vs. homeschool. 

I also have 2nd grade material which I planned to use with my now 2nd grader but am reconsidering because he doesn't appear to the workbook type.  As well as math, history, science that has been untouched.

What do you do with your accumulated curriculum? I have a nearly 3 year old so I wonder if I should just save it all til we determine if it will work with him or if I should just try selling now?  I'm considering doing something altogether different from what we have already (except for our Horizon Math books for K & 1st which I would still like the boys to do but not sure if they will). 

by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mclane5
by owner on Jul. 8, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I do not sell anything. The reason is this. You make come to a lesson that the kids do not understand but it is brought out better in another book. I use the other books also as extra for things they do not understand. Last year I used LFBC but I kept my Rod and Staff stuff. My kids used the R&S books when they did not undertand LFBCS instructions. English and Math are all repeats they are just building blocks. So my opinion is save it.

hcusa
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I used to keep *everything* just in case, until it literally took over my home.  Then I made a rule... anything that is at least 2 grade-levels below where my youngest is working gets donated or sold.  I also stopped buying very much.  Our first year of homeschooling we spent close to $1000 on curriculum.  Our last year before my kids started taking college courses online, we spent less than $75.  It takes awhile I think, to figure out exactly what works for your children, so when you are new to homeschooling, you wind up purchasing a lot of things to try them out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)