Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

those teaching K to their kids...what are you doing this week/rest of the month? 8/28

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 539 Total Views

I'm new to this and could use advice and help.

I will probably put up a post each week to ask about what you all are doing this week.

So if anyone is around...and likes to share...pls do ;)

Thanks!

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Sarahsmommy1008
by Head Admin on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:57 PM

We made an easy start to K4 last week with just our Bible lesson and an All About Me lapbook each day, 

Yesterday we again had our Bible lesson and Social Studies (included some artwork) and we read some library books. 

Today we worked on phonics and used some library books to learn about Fireflies - we're probably done for the day.

aneela
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

oh that sounds great ;)

Quoting Sarahsmommy1008:

We made an easy start to K4 last week with just our Bible lesson and an All About Me lapbook each day, 

Yesterday we again had our Bible lesson and Social Studies (included some artwork) and we read some library books. 

Today we worked on phonics and used some library books to learn about Fireflies - we're probably done for the day.

aneela
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:01 PM

i'm getting a couple folders ready and gonna make sections for each subject and topic..have a few things already in mind and will post once we get them going..

aneela
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:02 PM

we do phonics/reading practically everyday though no matter what else we do

mclane5
by owner on Aug. 28, 2012 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Or day in k5 today.....

Circle time:

Calander,Went over the seasons,todays weather,Our address,nursery ryhme this week (Three men in the tub),number poster,sang alphabet,shape poster,color poster.We decussed our theme "moon" (I have 26week theme that has songs,letter,number,shape and all the worksheets if you want give me your email and I will email it to you.

Math: Today we did a worksheet about in front and behind. Yesterday was about top,between and bottom.

Phonics: We did letter Bb. yesterday we did letter A. We are using Horizons

Bible; We are doing a letter animal a week. I am doing letter A for Ants and the bible verse is Go to the ant,you sluggard;consider its ways and be wise. Probers 6:6. I bought a subscription from http://www.daniellesplace.com/rroom/index.cfm it has everything. so yesterday we did math with ant bodyparts and science. Today we did art and made ant thumb prints.

Art: She has a book on cutting and gluing skills I got from Walgreens.

Penmanship: I went to colormountain.com and printed off a paper with butterfiles on it with the letter Bb and her name to trace.

maggiemom2000
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:05 PM
paris2lmp
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:56 PM

today was a slow day for us.  We read Mathew Chapt. 1-2 and did a coloring activity to go along with it.  We read for a while and this afternoon we are making monkey bread (or choc chip cookies).  Tomarrow we will have swim lessons, go to the library, read the next chapt of the Bible and do the activity, I have a math workbook for him to do and we will go shopping. 

I am not a super-structured type person so I only loosely plan for the week and build from there.  It works for us.  :0)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)