Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lesson 3 HONESTY: Silence is not Always Golden

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2008 at 11:57 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 187 Total Views

Seeking God for personal revival requires a level of honesty that, at first, may seem quite threatening.  Covering up our fault and failures is an involuntary reflex.  At first glance, it often seems like the best option.  We want others to think the best of us.  However, humility - one of the first prerequisites for revival- requires the willingness to be honest with God and others and about our true spiritual condition.

MEMORY VERSE:
"Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy" (Proverbs 28:13)

Going Deeper in the WORD

Genesis 3:6-13
Proverbs 30:7-9
Acts 5:1-11
by on Apr. 7, 2008 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
brownbeauty
by Group Owner on Apr. 9, 2008 at 3:12 PM
Thank you Lord for your Word.
AngelLynnette
by Group Admin on Apr. 11, 2008 at 10:16 AM
Amen, what truth.  Being honest about yourself never feels good initially.  We must be able to admit that we sinned because of our sinful desire.  We have to get to a point where we can say to God honestly, "Lord I have this in my heart."  

Otherwise true repentence will not be attainable, because we are still making excuses for sin.  Once we honestly confess our sin to God, we can be freed from the guilt and shame through his loving kindness and forgiveness.
raebethmcgee
by New Member on May. 21, 2008 at 7:16 PM
Thank you Lord. You are an awesome God.
Please join my group and make it grow with the love for the Lord....

http://www.cafemom.com/group/christiansunitingforever
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)