Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lesson 4 Repentance: The Big Turn-Around

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2008 at 2:31 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 167 Total Views
We've learned that humility and honesty provide the fertile ground in which seeds of grace and revival can grow and bear fruit. The next step, then, is responding to God's conviction in genuine repentance.  The concept of repentance is largely foreign to modern minds. Just what is repentance?  What is its role in the life of a child of God? How do we know if we have truly repented? This study will explore these questions

Memory verse:
"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me."  (Pslam 51:10)

Going Deeper in the Word
Psalm 51
Ezekiel 18:30-32
Luke 15:1-7
Acts 3:17-20
by on Apr. 16, 2008 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
AngelLynnette
by Group Admin on Apr. 28, 2008 at 1:23 AM
I can remember many days praying Psalm 51 in tears.  I thank God for his love.  Had he not been so merciful, I would not have been forgiven.  What a great God, a loving (heavenly) father waiting for us to turn away from unrighteousness and put the broken pieces of our lives in His hands.

So many times, we want situations to work things out for us.  There has to be true repentance.  True repentance means confessing sin (to God, not man) making a choice to stop doing wrong, turn away from it and by faith make choices pleasing to God.  Otherwise, your mind is not made up, circumstances changed.  Repentance is a choice, not because of circumstance.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)