Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lesson 4 - Day 5 MAKING IT PERSONAL

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2008 at 2:21 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 176 Total Views
You've discovered what repentance is. Now it's time to look at your own heart. Prayerfully and honestly answer the following questions. As you do, ask God to reveal areas where you may be resisting His loving conviction. You may want to record a personal response to specific questions, as the Lord shines His light on your heart.

1. Have I ever Experienced the repentance that characterizes genuine salvation?

2. Does sin in my life bother me?

3. Do I have an attitude that says, " Lord, everything I know to be sin, and everything You show me in the future to be sin, I am willing to forsake"?

4. Am I willing to call my wrong actions "sin," rather thank viewing them as weaknesses, "struggles," or personality traits?

5. Am I Concerned about grieving God than about the consequences of my sin?

6. Am I willing to accept personal responsibility for my actions, without pointing the finger of blame at anyone else?

7. Am I willing to take whatever steps may be necessary to make complete restitution for my sin?

8. Have I, at any time in the past year, experienced genuine repentance, resulting in a change of attitude and /or behavior?

9. Has God convicted me of any specific sins in my life that I have never truly repented of?  If so, am I willing to repent of those sins here and now?

10. Am I willing to be accountable to another believer in those areas of my life where I have experienced past failure, so that I may develop new patterns of victory?

Is God calling you to turn away from any particular sin in your life?  Responding to God is more important than whatever you were planning on doing next.  If God is speaking, the time to respond is now.  Will you humble yourself and allow Him to begin restoring you? Remember, He loves you, offers grace to cover any sin, and longs for you to walk in freedom and joy.
by on Apr. 29, 2008 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MrsRKP7
by on May. 4, 2008 at 9:16 AM
Yes my thing was sweet's I would eat a candy bar instead of a meal.Thank God for giving us all we need to make it thank God for self control I'm on my way,I have to be an example to everyone but mainly my family,

I answer yes to all the statement's below and to #9 the sweet's is my answer.I repent<TURN.away

I know the Bible as the word of God, I know God know's and see's all I don't have repenting is not a issue God is and has beem toooo good to me,I know in whom I have believed,When God saved me that was the Big part I know his love now and nothing else matter's.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)