Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lesson 6: Holiness: A Heart Like His

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2008 at 12:08 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 255 Total Views
The concept of holiness often conjures up images of dour faces, rigid rules, and self-righteousness. But seeking God and experiencing personal revival is anything but dull! So what does it mean to be holy?

Holiness can be defined on two levels. Positional holiness is what God imparts to us when we become His children. Since God is holy and we are sinners, we are reconciled to God by the blood of Christ shed on the cross (Colossians 1:19-22). God imparts Christ's righteousness to us and makes us holy and blameless before Him. That's our spiritual position in Christ.  We have been separated from sin and set apart to God.

Personal holiness (or practical holiness), on the other hand, is the outworking and fruit of positional holiness, evidenced in the way we think and live. Because we belong to God and His Holy Spirit indwells us, we are commanded and divinely equipped to live according to His will everyday, in every way. In this lesson, we will focus primarily on our practical, personal holiness.
by on Jun. 29, 2008 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
lily2270
by on Jun. 30, 2008 at 6:09 PM

Holiness...what a word! for many years i thought  being holy was unreachable,only God is holy but the bible says that we have to be holy and that without holiness no one will see the Lord...so now i understand that He is the one who makes us holy every day as we read His word, we pray and we get closer to Him , God Himself cleans us and  it's so beatiful when we understand we have been choosen by Him to be His children for me that's amazing!!! we have to believe and live this amazing truth...God bless you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN