Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PIOG: I need your help! House was robbed!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:24 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 133 Total Views

I know I haven't been here in ages, but our house had been robbed this past Monday (Memorial Day), and approximately from 730-830 pm. I was at work, DF was at his mother's with DS and FIL was out.

When we came home, it was nearly 11pm and the police were already there. They dusted for prints and found none assuming they used gloves. They also took notes of the items stolen. They took:

- Both TVs, 46 in Samsung LCD flat screen and a 20 in Dinex LCD flat screen.
- Xbox 360 and both wireless controllers
- DF's 17.3 in ASUS Laptop
- DF's car keys
- All our jewelry of sentimental value, which I will post pics of some as soon as we get home.

They took more, but these were the main ones. I'm sure all these things are replaceable except the jewelry and car keys.
We called a locksmith to give us a new set of keys and changed the ignition chip so that if they were to come back to steal the car, they couldn't. We also called an Xbox representative to cancel our Xbox Live account. We still want to try to look for some of our jewelry so please, especially for you ladies in FLORIDA, mostly in the Orlando area, hopefully you can help if you ever come across them one day...

- 14k gold bangle, engraved design, "Gina" engraved, and inside the bracelet "I LOVE YOU" is engraved. It's my mom's bracelet, fits really small wrists, it was made in Hawaii. My bracelet is similar to the pic below, except it's got a different design engraved, it does not have florals, just more like a leafy design.

- Pair of 14k gold dangle triple plumeria flower earrings.

- 18k gold, size 8 swivel ring with "JULIAN JAMEEL" engraved, and "Jameel" in Arabic engraved, and when you turn the swivel part of the ring, there's "Dec 4, 2008" engraved. This is my son's ring for when he is an adult, a gift from his aunt when she was stationed in Iraq.

- 24k gold flat band bracelet with "Andre" engraved.

- 18k (I think) gold elephant pendant necklace. When stolen, it had a gold baby ring on the same chain. And you can hardly see it on the chain on top of the elephant pendant in the 2nd pic. The necklace and ring are both from Guyana.

Pictures will come when I get home for some of the items. I hope that you ladies could help. If there is any other place I could post this list online would be great.

UPDATE 6/3/12:

I just added a few photos of what I could find from the pics I still had. I had pics of me wearing my mother's bracelet, but none too clear. Yes, I am making finding my things a big deal, I want to TRY. I'm sure you couldn't blame me :(. Thanks again for bumping :)

by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
JessnKenz
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM

So  sorry this happened!bad I dont understand why people do what they do. I hope things look up for you and I'll keep my eyes opened!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)