Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

JUST GOTTA LET IT OUT!!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:12 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 228 Total Views

SO IM 20 YEARS OLD..GRADUATED FOR MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING. WHICH DOESNT COMPLETELY HELP..BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE I CANT GET A JOB ANY HOW. SO IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A JOB SINCE AUGUST...AND STILL NOTHING. IVE BEEN ON INTERVIEW AFTER INTERVIEW AND FOR SOME REASON I DONT HAVE EXPERIENCE..BUT TELL ME THIS..HOW THE HECK AM I SUPPOSE TO GAIN EXPERIENCE IF NO ONE WANTS  TO GIVE ME A SHOT!? NOW MY HUSBAND REALLY ISNT ANNOYED AT THE FACT THAT HE IS THE ONLY ONE WORKING..BUT ITS HARD ESPECIALLY SINCE WE ARE BOTH YOUNG AND STILL GETTING HELP FROM OUR PARENTS. HIS JOB REALLY DOESNT GIVE HIM ANY HOURS....SEEING AS HOW HE WORKS IN RETAIL..NO ONE HAS MONEY TO BUY AN $80.00 PAIR OF JEANS. SO WHATEVER MONEY IS TIGHT...BUT IT BOTHERS ME..THAT ALL THIS STRESS IS PUT ON HIM TO BE THE 'BREAD WINNER'. WHEN HERE I AM SITTING AT HOME WITH NOTHING TO DO...ON CAFEMOM..WHEN I COULD BE PUTTING MY SKILLS TO GOOD USE. BUT WHAT REALLY BOTHERS ME IS THAT  MY HUSBAND WENT ALL THE WAY BACK TO NEW YORK TO LOOK FOR A JOB BECAUSE NO ONE WAS HIRING HERE IN FL. SO NOW MY FAMILY IS ALL SEPARATED...HE WANTS TO COME HOME BUT THE SAME RETAIL STORE OVER HERE IS JUST AS BAD AS THE ONE IN NEW YORK..THEY HAVE NO HOURS TO GIVE ANYONE. I JUST WISH I COULD FIND A JOB..AT THIS POINT I WILL TAKE ANYTHING I REALLY DONT CARE ANYMORE.

IM SORRY EVERYONE I JUST HAD TO LET IT OUT...ITS BEEN BOTHERING ME.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kicknscreamn222
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:33 PM

I understand completely!! I've been looking for a job since the end of August and the only job I managed to get was at Ross, and it just hurt me too bad being pregnant. So I've put in resume after resume with little to no call backs - I think I've had one other interview.  

As soon as I saw what you had schooling in, I immediately thought of at home medical billing - have you tried to check out that?  I have a friend back in Kansas (just moved here from there) who does medical transcription at home overnights, just so she can stay at home with the kids during the day.  And my mom keeps telling me that she's known a couple ladies that did medical billing at home, suggesting for me to do it, but everything I see wants you to have education or pay to be trained.  I would really try looking that up, if you haven't already. 

The economy sucks so bad right now, I wish I could help you out more.   And with having kids it's even harder b/c you have the weigh the outcome of having a job vs not - thinking about daycare costs, transportation cost, etc.

Hang in there, and don't be too prideful to ask for a little help from the organizations out there that give it for various things - that's what they are there for!

MommyToSmeech
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:34 AM

I watch Local News 13 that shows the news all day every day (if you have Brighthouse, you have it too) and I keep seeing on their list of events that there is a job fair in Orlando this Saturday.  I'm not looking for a job, so I ignored all the details, but I'm sure you could google it and find out more info if you were interested.

SSANTOS0130
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Quoting kicknscreamn222:

I understand completely!! I've been looking for a job since the end of August and the only job I managed to get was at Ross, and it just hurt me too bad being pregnant. So I've put in resume after resume with little to no call backs - I think I've had one other interview.  

As soon as I saw what you had schooling in, I immediately thought of at home medical billing - have you tried to check out that?  I have a friend back in Kansas (just moved here from there) who does medical transcription at home overnights, just so she can stay at home with the kids during the day.  And my mom keeps telling me that she's known a couple ladies that did medical billing at home, suggesting for me to do it, but everything I see wants you to have education or pay to be trained.  I would really try looking that up, if you haven't already. 

The economy sucks so bad right now, I wish I could help you out more.   And with having kids it's even harder b/c you have the weigh the outcome of having a job vs not - thinking about daycare costs, transportation cost, etc.

Hang in there, and don't be too prideful to ask for a little help from the organizations out there that give it for various things - that's what they are there for!

thanks for the advice...i have looked in up in the past & even at school my teachers would tell me you gotta have money to start it up at home..kinda sucks. but im still trying..

thanks again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)