Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vacation!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:12 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 260 Total Views

Sorry I've been out of the loop here. We went on vacation to King's Canyon in CA. We stayed at a lodge that was supposed to have WiFi, but we could never manage to get it too work. We had 4 days of no TV, Internet, or cell phone connectivity, and 3 kids. Yes, there was some DS playing, but mostly it was card or dominos playing and LOTS of hiking.

It was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful!! We also hiked out among some of the Giant Redwoods. My kids (ages 21, 19, and 12) all enjoyed it also. We are home now after a red eye flight resting our poor worn out feet! 

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
07upsydaisy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Wow! 

That sounds like so much fun.

When hubby and I were newlywed, we took a trip to Yosemite Park....in early winter!

I think we were the only ones (other than a skeleton crew) in the entire park.  It was so quiet and felt like we had the entire place to ourselves.

I have a picture of myself holding a chunk of ice off Mirror Lake that is one inch thick!

Hopefully someday we can go back with ds.  :)

ddhb2007
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:56 AM

That's my dream vacation!  My husband is connected to work 24 / 7. I hate his blackberry more than words can say.  It makes me nuts, so having no cell phones would be fabulous.

Jazzdoll
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Sounds perfect!

rccmom
by Group Admin on Jul. 13, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Quoting ddhb2007:

That's my dream vacation!  My husband is connected to work 24 / 7. I hate his blackberry more than words can say.  It makes me nuts, so having no cell phones would be fabulous.

I think all this technology makes us way too accessable. I am on the Internet way too often, and this was really good for me, and my hubby's work couldn't reach him either.   :-)

I think we are losing the ability to simply sit, think, and reflect. I sat outside, watched the river, saw the sun come down the mountain in the morning, and watched the stars come out at night. I feel rested spiritually, but my feet are another story!

mom4best_edu
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 2:25 PM

That sound like soo much fun!

rkoloms
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 5:56 PM

What a fantastic vacation!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)