Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Nightmare After Christmas (piog)

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2011 at 8:20 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 521 Total Views

Our son, almost five, had a big nightmare last night...

He said he dreamt that he got no presents for Christmas.  When my hubby reminded him he did get presents, he said he was talking about next Christmas.

This gave me a bit of the chills.  My husband just took a 25% cut in pay and his company just bought out another...you know how that goes.  Redundancy=Cuts in Personnel.

So....

I've decided to start saving a tiny bit starting this pay for Christmas 2012.

I'm praying my son isn't psychic.

by on Dec. 26, 2011 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Abee2202
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2011 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Eh, you could always go to the toy bank. My co-worker did and they got six gifts total for her four kids and her live in boyfriend who has perma custody of his child got six gifts for just her.
That's just worse case scenario tho. Hope this helps you and I wasn't saying it to make you feel like crap
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rccmom
by Group Admin on Dec. 26, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Now that would be a nightmare for a child! I am sure that it is just his imagination working overtime. Wishing you all the best of luck in the up coming year!

Manth
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 7:28 AM

I'm sure it's just his imagination working overtime - kids get like that and our Gifted youngsters even more so.  But putting a little money aside on a regular basis really does make life easier when it comes to Christmas.  I try to save $50/month throughout the year which doesn't sound like much but adds up to $600 over the course of the year which really makes the difference in buying for my teens.

utkallie
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:25 AM

Awwww. Poor little guy! I like the idea of saving up a little each month.

Ametrine
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Quoting Manth:

I'm sure it's just his imagination working overtime - kids get like that and our Gifted youngsters even more so.  But putting a little money aside on a regular basis really does make life easier when it comes to Christmas.  I try to save $50/month throughout the year which doesn't sound like much but adds up to $600 over the course of the year which really makes the difference in buying for my teens.

I'm going to try for about that amount, too.  Hopefully, we won't have to dip into it for any reason other than Christmas next year.  I would buy ahead of time, but who knows what he will be wanting next year?!

jenluv37
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties your husband is having at work. That can be so stressful for everyone! Remember, that no matter how tight money is, I'm sure you'd be able to buy him something for Christmas. I got DD and DS some toys from a second hand store that are actually pretty nice. If money is tight he may not be able to get the most expensive gifts, but I'm sure he'll be able to get something for Christmas. It sounds like you are very responsible about saving money. He is very lucky to have such a financially conscious mommy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN