Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy New Year!

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 2:20 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 426 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Just wanted to wish everyone here a wonderful New Year!! 2011 definitely had its up and downs. Any accomplishments you wish to share, or hopes for 2012? For me, a major accomplishment in 2012 will be the college graduation of my oldest (fingers crossed)! Also, if all goes as planned, after over 3 yrs of training, my youngest and I will achieve our Black Belts in karate this year!

by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Ametrine
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 7:25 PM

First off, I'd like to say...

happy new year

Secondly, I'm so glad 2011 is behind us.  For some reason it was a year for our appliances to give us a hard time.  We counted five of them that broke down and needed to be repaired/replaced!

fingers crossedCrossing my fingers 2012 will see no more appliance shenanigans! 

Congrats, rccmom on your oldest's impending graduation, and your double Black Belt accomplishments!

rccmom
by Group Admin on Jan. 3, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Quoting Ametrine:

First off, I'd like to say...

happy new year

Secondly, I'm so glad 2011 is behind us.  For some reason it was a year for our appliances to give us a hard time.  We counted five of them that broke down and needed to be repaired/replaced!

fingers crossedCrossing my fingers 2012 will see no more appliance shenanigans! 

Congrats, rccmom on your oldest's impending graduation, and your double Black Belt accomplishments!

Sounds like your appliances were out to get you last year! I'll keep my fingers crossed that 2012 will be an appliance problem free year for you!  

smalltowngal
by Member on Jan. 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Well, it looks like we might be moving to England for a year in 2012. I'm a bit scared about it but I think it will be great for the kids to experience a school in another country. London is close to a lot of countries by train so hopefully, it will be a fairly educational trip.

rccmom
by Group Admin on Jan. 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Quoting smalltowngal:

Well, it looks like we might be moving to England for a year in 2012. I'm a bit scared about it but I think it will be great for the kids to experience a school in another country. London is close to a lot of countries by train so hopefully, it will be a fairly educational trip.

That sounds so exciting! My husband is working as a civilian now and there was a job opening in England. We thought about it, but our son is doing well at school here, and we don't want to upset that, but maybe after he graduates. Enjoy your trip and see everything you can see while you area there!!

smalltowngal
by Member on Jan. 4, 2012 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting smalltowngal:

That sounds so exciting! My husband is working as a civilian now and there was a job opening in England. We thought about it, but our son is doing well at school here, and we don't want to upset that, but maybe after he graduates. Enjoy your trip and see everything you can see while you area there!!

My kids will be 6 and 4 this summer so they're not really settled in school here yet. My husband's company has offices all of the world so I'm kind of hoping we might be able to do a couple of these trips before the kids get too old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)