Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Random thoughts from my world

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 11:17 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 511 Total Views
Im bored and no one has hardly posted much since before Christmas. So I'm just going to ramble a bit about my life.

Emma is 25mo now. The word precocious comes to mind lately. She says some pretty weird things. Her imagination is soaring. We were playing with playdoh the other day and I finally caught her on camera talking. I've hardly any video lately of her as she hates it and puts her hand up and yells at me to stop. So anyway, playing with the playdoh, she suddenly says it's a spaceship and whooshes it into the sky. So cute!
She's talking in full sentences more often then not and that's nice since she can pretty much tell us what's what. She does have a hard time with some things. Like when you ask her why is doggy in time out (she does this whole timeout thing with doggy, mostly in the car when it's dark out) she won't tell you. I don't think she can verbalized such complex things yet. Everyday talk she can do though. She has very good manners and not very many tantrums. She does fuss but if she does about something lame I tell her we don't listen to you when you cry and walk away. Seems to work.

Pretty sure we give in a lot but in my mind, I'm picking my battles. We don't budge on the important stuff tho. She heard my husband say fucked a month ago. Yeah, bad, I know. But later that day, she said it and used it in context and emulated both of us in a fight. That really sucked and was sad. Three swearing incidents, three timeouts and she hasn't said it since and we've been better about not fighting so much.
Emma had also started saying "eat me" when mad at us. That one was a shock and did not know where it had come from. Again, three times she said it, three timeouts and that was the end of that. The mystery having been solved tonight at last as to where she picked that up. Shrek. Ginger bread man says it while captured by lord Farquaad. Holy shit! She hasn't seen that movie in months. We started putting it in the rotation again three days ago. How embarrassing for our little girl to say such a thing tho.

Yeah, she watches tv. She's abandoned the sprout channel and pretty much is over Mickey mouse clubhouse. She doesn't ask for Caillou so much either (Caillou was a year long obsession). She's onto movies now. Lilo and stitch, lion king, elf and home alone. A few others too.
She likes max and ruby tv show but is absolutely obsessed with Peppa pig the last few days.

As some of you read, she's not potty trained yet...ugggg...it will happen one day

She's basically abandoned learning anything anymore. She won't do letters, shapes or colors much when asked she says no thank you mama. I know she's learning other things and taking everything in. She has started singing lately and cans sing quiet a few songs when in the mood. Sometimes she recites peese porridge hot...randomly. She likes to count but won't say ten.

She's a picky eater, won't always listen to reason so typical two year old in that respect.

She also seems to get things wrong too, like a color, something she already knows and learned ages ago. Sometimes she says words differently from how she used to say them or forget altogether and just says, I'm not sure mama or I don't know mama.

Her vocab is still really high but I think we are at a standstill right now, a lag in learning which makes me feel that she's average. But then I posted the video of her playing with playdoh and talking lots and Someone replyed by saying she was a smart girl so I feel that perhaps she is still above average. No one ever comments much on my videos or "likes" them these days, wondering if they are jealous or just don't care. Not sure why I care

Okay, if you've read all this thanks so much for listening. I had a lot to say, and no one really to listen. I lost my closest real life friend because she's a liar and an idiot. Wasn't much of a friend then I guess. Too bad, because her son was Emma's best friend and now Emma has no friends at the moment which is making for a boring winter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
calimom1123
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Sounds like your dd is a cutie! The main thing is not to compare her to any other kid. She sounds smart to me.. I remember that age was one of the cutest times! It goes by soo fast.. I remember at that age my dd when she got in trouble would cry and say "What did I do? " lol I miss that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abee2202
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Lol. I am pretty sure this will be our only child. And already I am sad at how fast she is growing up.
I don't get how people always want to escape their kids constantly. Yes some off time from them occasionally is nice but otherwise I love spending time with her. She just does so much cute stuff. Even when she's mad. I look at her often. And lately she is just really really looking like a little girl and less of a baby...sniff. But oh the fun we will have when she's older!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
utkallie
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Nothing about her sounds "average"! In your stories about her I often forget how young she really is because she sounds older, especially in her verbal skills.
Abee2202
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Me and my husband say we have a four year old trapped in a two year olds body. It's crazy how much she talks lately. Of course sometimes I don't know what the heck she's saying, that's when I step back and look around her environment and see what she's trying to tell me. Her prenunciation has changed as I mentioned earlier but once I can figure out what she has said I'll have her repeat it correctly a few times and then she's good to say it properly

She has had many friends in her shirt life but the two more notable ones were both boys and four months younger than her and not talking at the time. I suppose based on the online mommy friends I have on FB (60 w/kids born around the same time as Emma give or take a month or so, Emma being the third youngest of the group) I don't see anyone announcing the things Emma does or has been doing for a long time now. I know she's not really average but to me and my husband she's our kid progressing normally and happily. If that makes sense.

Same as I said in my potty post...thanks ladies for your support and advice. I've come to really enjoy this group. It's a nice and safe place to explore my thoughts without any outright judgement and criticisms. This is real and so new having a kid and I'm terrified of fucking her up. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)