Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't own one of these, but a thought occurred to me about the name...

How strange that this device replaces paper books (etc.). 

Do they mean to symbolically burn books? 

by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Replies (11-13):
jbfcmom
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Ametrine:

As a name goes, Kindle Fire is very sexy.

That's what I was thinking. It is a sexy name and I think it would really appeal to women, who I believe are the biggest consumer of books and magazines, and therefore I would assume ereaders.

I don't have an ereader yet because I don't even want one of the black and white ones. I am holding out until I can afford a color one because I would love to have my magazines and some kid's books on it as well as my books. I see the convenience of ereaders from portability and storage stand points, but I do have a problem with the fact that most retailers of both paper and ebooks tend to sell them for the same price. Doesn't make sense from a consumer's stand point.

kittyfaery
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
They actually had a commercial about this. They supposed got the name from a quote. "The instruction we find in books is like fire. We fetch it from our neighbours, kindle it at home, communicate it to others and it becomes the property of all."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ametrine
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Wow-

I didn't know this, thanks! 

Quoting kittyfaery:

They actually had a commercial about this. They supposed got the name from a quote. "The instruction we find in books is like fire. We fetch it from our neighbours, kindle it at home, communicate it to others and it becomes the property of all."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN