• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 yo headstart

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:38 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 558 Total Views

k my local mamas, I don't even know if anyone still comes to this group, but I have a question.

I was gonna put my dd in 3 yo headstart this year, only to find out the school district changed it to some 1 1/2 hours a week at your home thing. That's really dumb IMO because I do more than that on my own. My problem is I have been telling her "If you're not potty trained you can't go to school like sister does" and she tried so hard, she potty trained completely in 5 days. Now that she's held up her end of the bargain, the school district has officially made me a liar.

So now my question: Is there somewhere else that does a headstart type of program I can take her to? I'm so proud of her for potty training so quickly, I want to give her that school experience she so desperatly craves. I just don't want to dump her off in some day care and tell her that's "school", ntm I really can't afford day care. Any help is greatly appreciated.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SinisterQueen
by HBIC :) on Aug. 9, 2010 at 11:10 AM

BUMP!

mindyf12
by on Aug. 9, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Try Children's Garden Day Care center or Discovery Day care Center. They both have what is called a UPK program. I know they start soon so you better check quickly. The program is really good.  And it's free! I plan to enrol my son next year. Good luck.....

vazfrogjr
by Member on Aug. 10, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Bump!!!

SinisterQueen
by HBIC :) on Aug. 11, 2010 at 10:05 AM

LOL I had almost given up on this post... shoulda checked it a couple of days ago! I'm calling those places today, Thank you so much!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)