Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Day care

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:45 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 451 Total Views

My daughter is 2 months old and I've been looking into putting her in day care but I'm some what against them, only because of how my nephew was treated when he went to one. So I need some advice on were to go or how to go about this. Any ideas?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommyKathi
by Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:04 AM

I personally would never put my kids in daycare. But that is me, and my belief. I always had my mom watch my kids, but I know that is not an option for some people. I have taken care of many kids, (at different times) that their parents wanted them in a home setting - not in a commercialized day care setting. I am sure there are probably some good ones out there and if that is what you are set on doing, hopefully the ladies on here can direct you the right direction. I know you should visit first and make sure how you feel about it.

Kathi mom to 5 wonderful kiddos!

new_mommie_2b
by Head Admin on Mar. 29, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Honestly, I really don't want to put my daughter in day care because they give me a bad vibe, that and I have trust issues with strangers and my baby. But I guess any mom would.
Quoting MommyKathi:

I personally would never put my kids in daycare. But that is me, and my belief. I always had my mom watch my kids, but I know that is not an option for some people. I have taken care of many kids, (at different times) that their parents wanted them in a home setting - not in a commercialized day care setting. I am sure there are probably some good ones out there and if that is what you are set on doing, hopefully the ladies on here can direct you the right direction. I know you should visit first and make sure how you feel about it.

Kathi mom to 5 wonderful kiddos!

JJJMommyKris
by Member on Mar. 31, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Pick a few and call...there is a list that I used in What to expect when you're expecting. Ask all your questions and then got visit them. You will get a feel for them, how they respond if you pop in whenever (like on your lunch) and how easily can people just walk in (security) If you don't  like the feel, go with your gut!! It took me about a month to find one that I liked enough. Then I got laid off and had the chance to be a stay at home mommy. If you can do that, it is way better :-)

new_mommie_2b
by Head Admin on Apr. 3, 2011 at 4:31 AM

I wish I could be a stay at home mommie but my so just recently got laid off so one of us has to work and unfortunately it happens to be me. I would rather stay home with her and him work =/ so I guess I have a sitter, for now until he finds work. But even then (he said) I still need to work. Even when he get a job. =/ so I guess when the time comes I'll start looking.
Quoting JJJMommyKris:

Pick a few and call...there is a list that I used in What to expect when you're expecting. Ask all your questions and then got visit them. You will get a feel for them, how they respond if you pop in whenever (like on your lunch) and how easily can people just walk in (security) If you don't  like the feel, go with your gut!! It took me about a month to find one that I liked enough. Then I got laid off and had the chance to be a stay at home mommy. If you can do that, it is way better :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)