Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting my IUD out tomorrow!

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2010 at 9:43 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 212 Total Views

So after much deliberation on mine and DH's part we are deciding to get my IUD removed tomorrow morning!!! The doctor gave us the go ahead and said I was healthy. But he also warned that since I have not had a period because I have the mirena IUD in and I am still breastfeeding that it could take 6+ months to concieve. So we were like what the heck!

We are not a couple that makes decisions lightly. We researched, listened to pros and cons and decided that if the Lord does bless us right away (which I know might not happen of course) that we would be okay having babies 20 months apart (DS is 10 months) and that in the long run our children would be better for it.

We are not telling anyone we are TTC (except you ladies of course!) because we don't want to hear any negativity concerning our decision and we don't know how long it might take to concieve.

We are both 26 soon to be 27, own our home, finacially stable (could be better...but we know how to budget), and have been married for 5 years together 8 years.....

With that being said. I am filled with excitement but still a little nervous and scared. My cafemom friends who have babies 20 months apart. Tell me about your pregnancy and how hard it was having babies 20 months apart!

by on Aug. 5, 2010 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
nettie79
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 12:07 AM
Congrats! I had mine taken out in July and have yet to have a period. DH and I have been actively ttc so I'm hoping for a pos soon. Good luck to you both!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
keeckhardt
by on Sep. 14, 2010 at 3:24 PM

I can't tell you about having babies 20 months apart, but I will share about being one of those kids. Literally, my mom got out of the hospital and got knocked up with me! LOL!! She says it was crazy with 2 girls 11 months apart. As a kid, my slightly older sister hated being the same age as me, but I loved it. We had the same friends. 27 years later, we are best friends and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

My advice TTC after Mirena, wait at least one period. Mirena thins the lining of the uterus which will prevent a baby from implanting... I experienced a miscarriage the first month after having it removed, and that was 7 months ago (still trying). GL and lots of baby dust. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)