Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

finally know whats wrong with me

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:32 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 207 Total Views

so i went to the Dr yesterday probably should have rescheduled the appointment cuz i went in with a fever but i went in anyways and they told me that i have something called Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) so in many ways i am relieved that i know whats going on but at the same time i am so not cuz because i have this i am up in line to get many other things that of course run in my family cuz of course the reason i got this pcos is because it was passed down to me and it can come from the father or mothers side isn't that great so you are more likely to get it any how i got it from my moms side which i always knew i would end up like so many woman in my moms side of the family (their have been a couple hysterectomy'sin the family) but any how it all come back to a imbalance in my hormones which i was given that diagnosis many moons ago but not in all it depth not like it would have mattered cuz back then i didn't care about having kids of my own i was fine with borrowing a nephew or niece every now and again and im sure my brother was so happy about that too since they would have a free weekend :) but their are many signs that you can look for in this one is of course irregular menstrual cycles ( which i totally have had all my life) and then their are weird stuff (i say weird cuz girls shouldn't have it i guess maybe that's why i have a darker mustachethan most girls) like facial hair or hair in places you should have, thinning hair, acne a whole bunch of things  that i can't think of right now, but the thing that really got me was the part where i am more likely to get diabetes it doesn't help that that also runs in my family ugh and heart disease but of course these can be helped to eat healthy and exercise things i don't really do but probably should all of this i really don't want to deal with cuz i have been sick since last week and dealing with a sick toddler also i have to deal with taking pills to help balance out my hormones so i can get back on track and eventually i can conceive a child even though right now these pills aren't making my stomach feel good ugh another thing forced on my plate that i am not ready for why cant i feel better so i can deal with everything like super mom ah yes i remember cuz she doesn't exist

blowing bubbles ttc

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
RBJN
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 8:17 AM

I am very familiar with the PCOS since I am diabetic and I know many, many diabetic ladies that deal with the PCOS as well.  And yes, very long cycles (wherein some can be up to 90+ days long!) is one of the most common symptoms, as well as the facial hair.  And I think insulin resistance is part of that PCOS as well...but I could be wrong on that.  I also wanted you to know that MANY of these women go on to get pregnant.....they just need to take certain meds to get their hormones back in balance.  So you CAN get preggo with PCOS, it just takes some time to get your body back on track.  Are they having you take the medicine Metformin (sp????)...I think that's what they have most ladies take that I know that have the diabetes and PCOS.

Good Luck to you!!!

ChevellesMami
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:46 AM

yeah i am also having some issues with how my body is dealing with sugar although i don't know if that means i should stop eating so much candy or not :) i have one weak spot and its chocolate I'm addicted :) and yes that is the medicine they prescribed me gluco-something or metformin same thing i have to take it twice a day until who knows when and then when i finally start a new cycle i get to start taking clomid and in 4 months i am supposed to go back for a check up unless of course i get pregnant in that time but right now the metformin is making me feel weird and I'm not sure if its the part where i am starting to get over a cold that is making it all weird for me ugh i don't know but i am just hoping that i kick this cold soon so i can concentrate on everything else in my life like all the new puppies i just got this week

blowing bubbles ttc

haileysmom15
by Member on Jan. 24, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Even though that sucks.. And im sorry your going through that, atleast you know what wrong with you ya know.. Its better to know then not too.. How long do you have to wait to TTC? or are you already trying.. I know your feeling shitting right and i hope that you feel better soon!!!!

ChevellesMami
by on Jan. 24, 2009 at 12:35 PM

well i am supposed to start taking clomid when i finally get my period so we can try although the Dr said it most like wont work the first time i use it so it will be practice :) gotta love the practice KWIM and i am finally over my cold so im feeling better although the medicine i have to take makes me feel weird when i don't eat enough before taking it

blowing bubbles ttc

RBJN
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Some people get nauseous (sp??) taking the met, so I think that is a fairly common side effect.  Not sure how they get around it, but I think the longer you take it the better it gets.

Here's hoping you get preggo before those 4 months are up!!!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)