Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You gotta be kidding me

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:42 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 258 Total Views

My grandfather sent me an email forward this morning (this is the only kind of email he sends) comparing Muslims to Nazis.  Usually, I just ignore the hateful stuff he has a tendency to send, but this one, I couldn't let go.

I sent back saying "Grandpa, you don't REALLY believe this, do you?  That Muslims can be compared to Nazis?"

I'm hoping that he writes back saying "What?!  NO!  I just saw 'an intellectual read' in the title and sent it on because I figured it'd make me look smart!  I didn't actually READ it."

If that's NOT what he says, though...we're going to have to have a talk.

This is from the man who won't eat at Cracker Barrell because he heard they don't hire gays.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hezzybelle
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:54 AM

So he is a supporter of Gay rights but not Muslims?

I'm impressed your Grandpa can email. My Grandma asked me how to rewind a DVD.

LesHug
by Group Admin on Jan. 22, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Quoting hezzybelle:

So he is a supporter of Gay rights but not Muslims?

I'm impressed your Grandpa can email. My Grandma asked me how to rewind a DVD.

I'm sorry but that's so funny my sides hurt now!

SkAte is love!
Sign my guestbook!
Group Admin. of
Mothers Against Spanking
Celebrate Diversity

Proud LOST fan

Bookwormy
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Oh, that is terrible.  I hope he didn't really read it.  I have to say that Islamaphobia is HUGE still here in the US right now, so nothing surprises me.  One can certainly be against homophobia but OK with Islamaphobia.  That is how I would describe my rabbi, and it drives me bonkers!

Samantha

Hate Is NOT a Family Value.

dezandry
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 5:35 PM

It is true...that with the war going on...the terriorist attacks, and all people are quick to categorize others...

so its not surprising...its sad but true how much racism and sterotypes are alive today...

what is surprising is that he knows how to email...

i can just see the email back...lol jess i know you love an argument...but some can't be won...sadly.

Guinhyvar
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Any word back, Jess?

BigMommaJesca
by Group Owner on Jan. 26, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Quoting Guinhyvar:

Any word back, Jess?

*grump* No.  I'm hoping he's embarrassed, and that's why he's not responding.  Also, he knows he can't beat me in a debate.  :-)  He's tried.  I was just really shocked by this.

He can forward things, and write and respond to emails, but that's it.  He calls me if he needs to attach something to an email or anything exotic like that.  I kind of wish he DIDN'T know how to email.  I'd block his emails, but really, how do you block your grandpa?  I couldn't do it. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)