Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bikini Espresso Bars

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2009 at 8:18 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 931 Total Views

Poll

Question: What do you think of these bikini espresso bars?

Options:

I don't mind them.

I think they are a nice addition to Yakima.

I don't agree with them.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

is anyone else fed up with these stupid bikini espresso bars (or whatever they are called) with the girls dressed in almost nothing. personally i think its disgusting and degrading to women. the one "playmates" makes downtown yakima look trashy. they aren't just downtown either. so i guess they are making all of yakima look trashy. everyone knows that people (almost only men obviously) dont go there for the coffee.

by on Jul. 22, 2009 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
stickyfingers
by Member on Jul. 22, 2009 at 8:36 PM

I have never been to one and I dont ever plan on it.  I dont think I will ever be THAT desperate for coffee!!!  Honestly I think they are terrible and the women who work in them must be really hard up for a job.  I think it has to be pretty unsanitary.

shella
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2009 at 12:19 AM

I have never been to one of them either, and probably never will, mainly because I go to one close to home. Yes I am tired of hearing about them, they are totally catering to the male species.

missfletch
by on Jul. 23, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I have a friend that works at one of them.  She makes pretty good money.  With how hard it is to find a job that pays well around here I think they are ok.  I think it is the woman's right to work in a place like that if she wants to.  I have never been to one because I hear they are pretty spendy and the coffee isn't that great.  I don't really have a problem with these coffee stands. 

stickyfingers
by Member on Jul. 23, 2009 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

With the way women are treated and everything is sexualized I just dont think it is right.  There are so many reasons why.  For example my boss whistled at me the other day and I was offended, and he also told someone on the phone he was just flirting with his secretary.  To me that is wrong and it is sexual harassment! Couldnt the women at these places say the same thing, but yet they are at a job where they show it all? I dont understand being out there to be oggled at.  When I was a waitress and was fully covered I had men trying to grab at me and hug me, I think this is dangerous.  Honestly I wouldnt feel safe. 

KayleeVisMama
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2009 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, I think the same people who go to these coffee places would go to strip clubs and that scares me because I feel like we are not far away from getting a strip club in Yakima. I think its all gross and negative. We need new restaurants and stores, good places to go in Yakima not half naked women serving coffee and stripping for perverts.

Ok I will get off my soap box now :)

Kpoplaski
by Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:21 PM

I definitely don't agree.  But when my sister-in-law or even me for that matter are trying to raise god knowing children driving down a street and unbeknownst to us there is one right there and they are standing out promoting their business basically naked.  What do you tell your children.  That in my opinion is my only problem with them.  I don't give them my business and neither does my husband.  If they want to dress like that in the business fine but cover it up when not inside.  I don't want to have to ever explain to my little girl why that person isn't properly dressed in clothes.  I can't shelter her from everything and I know that but I do want to allow her to stay a child. 

Okay off my own soap box.

lindsayvargas
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:00 PM

i know it totally sucks right! and there is not really much you can do about since these businesses do so well unfortunately. i wish a whole bunch of people in yakima would just get together and protest against it (but thats likely to never happen). :( such a big pet peve of mine...

CafeMom Tickers

i am a married, cleaning constantly, 19 year-old, trying to lose baby-weight, conservative, american born 1/2 german, organic -grown advocate, SAHM to a beautiful new baby girl

ArtsyKy
by Group Owner on Jul. 31, 2009 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually, I think our pastor's wife wanted to get thins moving to get them out of Yakima.  I would protest against them.  I completely disagree with them.  Really it's just a mild form of prostitution, IMO.  I wouldn't have as big of a problem with them if they were in an enclosed building where people had to go inside to see them.  But, those of us who don't want to shouldn't b forced to. 

Lilypie
Lilypie
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
Laineybug81
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I think it's degrading to women and makes me wonder if their coffee is so bad that the only way they can think of to sell it is by using those women that way?!

My fiancĂ© avoids them like the black plague. He doesn't even like it when women dress immodestly in public, much less trying to sell coffee like that! Give us Marketplace Deli or some of the other nice coffee shops that are locally owned around here anyday. They have good morals. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)