Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yakima = Boring?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2009 at 2:08 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 318 Total Views

ok so my husband and i are constantly asking each other one question: what do you want to do? response: i dont know, what do you want to do? i think there needs to be more things available to do in yakima. in my opinion this town is super boring! maybe the both of us just need another couple to hang out with...we are both new to yakima considering i had lived in vancouver for the last 6 years and he has never lived here before this. so if anyone has any ideas of what to do here it would be much appreciated!

p.s. we really need another couple to hangout with!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 25, 2009 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
stickyfingers
by Member on Jul. 25, 2009 at 2:33 PM

I agree it is pretty boring here!  There is stuff to do like hiking and things like that but for an evening theres just the bars or the movies it seems like.  We have 4 kids and now my oldest is just getting to where he can babysit and that is great for us but we dont really have anything to go and DO! 

shella
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Isn't it weird how that works. I have lived in the Yakima Valley most of my life. I to  thought it was boring until I lived in Cle elum for 5 years. Now there is a town with nothing to do unless you are willing to drive the 30+ minutes to another town. I have found that it just depends on what you all like to do. With the weather being the way it is (HOT) you can float the river. If you like wine, do a wine tour. If you like to golf, hit up Fisher's (par 3 course), Westwood or Suntides.  If you like the putt putt golf, there is Meadow Brook mall or the mini golf course out off of 3rd ave and Washington (i think, it may be down a little further on 3rd.) And of course you can take the kiddo's with you then. Like to do a little gambling, head out to Legends in Toppinish. If you like to ride bikes, the greenway is a great place to ride or walk.

Hope this helps a little.

My husband won't be home for an extended R & R until around November or december. But if you ever want to talk let me know. Private message me and I will give you my personal contact info. (I will be out of town from the 28th - 8th) i am not a big drinker but don't mind having a beer or two out with friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)