• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's gone :(

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:29 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 327 Total Views

I was here under RaeLynn1221. We just got our bunny about a month ago. We stopped at a new pet store in town. Was not planning on getting any pets, I just wanted to look. As soon as I saw Thumper I fell in love with him. He was so cute. I was surprised that my DH considered buying him. Even though I thought he was the cutest bunny I ever saw I didn't think DH would be up for buying him. He  was the one who mentioned buying him. Of course I was up for it. I never had a rabbit before. It was an impulse buy but we all loved him.

We surprised dd with Thumper and let her name him.  Well on Friday my dd had a school field trip to the zoo. DH, DS and I met them there. So we were gone all day. DD had to go to her bio dads. So she was not with us when we got home. I grabbed his hay and went to the cage, it was dark and I could see him laying down. I opened his cage and knew he was gone. I said NO and DH asked what was wrong. I got up to turn the light on and saw he was DEFINTLY gone. I am glad that my DD did not have to see him like that. She still has no idea. I have to tell her later once she gets home. It is going to be so hard. I have already cried Friday night, and I teared up again reading other rabbit rainbow bridge stories.

I don't want to rush into getting another rabbit. I do want to get another rabbit though. I am not going to a pet store for one again. I am going to see if anyone in my area has any rabbits they need to find homes for. There are many here that do 4H.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ohmommi
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:42 PM

OMGoodness I am so sorry!!

octavia137r
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:47 PM

So sorry to hear about your lost sweeetie. simple frown

Shaylyn318
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Well told DD. She was very upset. I told her about the Rainbow Bridge. Then we looked at picture and the first picture we looked at was the one below. She was so happy that she saw Thumper already. I am going to have a couple pictures made of Thumper and the Rainbow Bridge. I will have the picture as my wallpaper on my computer so she can see it. And she is drawing her own pictures. She already wants another bunny even though Thumper was the best bunny ever.

aurora2017
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:11 AM

I'm so sorry, It is hard to lose a bunny.. my first bunny was a lionhead he was 2mths old when we got him and lost him at the age of 2 to a hariball... we loved him very much and it took awhile for my son to overcome it, we did get another bunny couple days later cause it was my sisters bunny babies that a co-worker of hers wanted to get rid of.. we lost her too cause the previous owner didnt take very good care of her and she had bladder stones, we had her for almost 2yrs. Now we have a holland lop, i got her when she was 2mths old and she is now 1yr old and we love her to death..

487316332_550451.gif Fuzzball picture by aurora2017

487328167_404410.gif Thumper picture by aurora2017

474628120_605159.gif zoey picture by aurora2017

sbsribbon

JennBrenn237
by on May. 6, 2010 at 12:13 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost my Miss Pickles Marie almost 2 years ago (it will be two years at the end of the month).  We havent got another rabbit yet but i cant stand to leave this group :(  I actually last night was doing some cleaning and found some of her stuff and had to throw it out.  (it was in storage).  I love bunnies soooo much!

boysnbunnies
by on May. 18, 2010 at 9:47 AM

I'm really sorry for your loss. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)