Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When can I tell if my 5 week old rabbit is boy/girl.

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:30 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 276 Total Views

I keep reading different things.  I press gently and nothing pops out, but is it still too early to tell?  I am PRAYIGN it's a girl!!!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Meganskiddos
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:41 PM

NVM....it's a boy :)  thanks anyway

bunnymidnight
by on Sep. 28, 2009 at 11:05 PM

You shouldn't seperate baby bunnies from their mom until they are 8 weeks old.  They are still being weaned off their mommy's milk and are getting used to eating solids.  Unless your a breeder I don't see how someone could knowingly sell you a 5 week old bunny.

Meganskiddos
by on Sep. 29, 2009 at 4:11 AM

Didn't ask any of that, but ok. "I" didn't seperate any bunny, I bought a bunny that had been weaned for 2 weeks. 

Quoting bunnymidnight:

You shouldn't seperate baby bunnies from their mom until they are 8 weeks old.  They are still being weaned off their mommy's milk and are getting used to eating solids.  Unless your a breeder I don't see how someone could knowingly sell you a 5 week old bunny.

norman123
by on Sep. 29, 2009 at 4:26 AM

you should be able to tell by now so i think you can safely say its a girl bunny

Meganskiddos
by on Oct. 1, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Nope:)  Ended up being a boy.  Oh well.  Next time :)  We still love him just as much!

Quoting norman123:

you should be able to tell by now so i think you can safely say its a girl bunny

bunnies-r-usmom
by on Oct. 2, 2009 at 7:59 AM

Quoting bunnymidnight:

I know of at least one feed store in my area that wants/sells babies at 4 weeks. It's really just horrible. Your asking for a sick rabbit, taking them away from their mama that early.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)