Let's face it, Maryland is famous for our blue crabs right??? Here's a yummy recipe for a Crab and Artichoke Dip. It calls for imitation crab, but you can swap for MD Blue crab and make it that much more better!!
Hot and Cheesy Crab and Artichoke Dip
Servings: 16 • Size: 1/4 cup dip • Old Pts: 2 pts • WW Points+: 2 pts
Calories: 78 • Fat: 4 g • Carb: 4 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 6 g • Sugar: 0 g
Sodium: 427 mg
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts packed in water, drained (8.5 oz dry wt)
- 1 lb crab meat, imitation or lump
- 2 tbsp chives
- 6 tbsp reduced fat sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 6 tbsp light mayonnaise (Hellman's)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cups shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 - 2 tsp tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 400°.
Drain the artichoke hearts and chop fine. Chop the crab meat fine. Add them to a medium bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mix well using a rubber spatula, thentransfer into a shallow baking dish.
Bake until the cheese is melted and the top becomes golden, about 30 minutes.Serve hot with baked chips.