Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any other moms think they stink at parenting?

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 1:44 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 579 Total Views
any other moms think they stink as a mother?
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
auroragold
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 7:32 AM
Well I have my moments when I'm not sure that I know what I'm doing - LOL
And I SURELY have my moments when I think that I could have done "better" at something (usually not losing my temper)
And I frequently wonder if I'm doing well ENOUGH.

Whats going on Carrie?
Tigerflounder
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 9:42 AM
There are defintely some moments when I wonder if I have done the right thing. 
catboxhoney
by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 9:38 AM
I feel that way at least once a week. Not showing any of this to my daughter. I am a single mom and had her at a young age. It's hard, frustrating, work. If I would have known what I know now. LOL... I suppose we can all say that about something.

losermagnet84
by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 4:59 PM
I have my moments. I get so overwhelmed sometimes that I go into y room or the bathroom and just cry and let the kids run a muck in the rest of the house. I caught on very quick that being a mom is the most unrewarding job in the world with the worsed pay and little to no appreciation! I had always dreamed i would be one of "those moms" the moms who do fun cool things with there kids all the time, keep a imaculantly clean house, cook wonderful 9 cours meals eveyday and bake cookies. If that mom is out there i would like to meet her because she needs to adopt my kids lol j/k. I think all moms sometimes feel like this at some point. The sad thing is  I think alot are to embarresed to say it. The images of the bree van de caps and the martha stewarts and the donna reeds don't help either. All you can do is do the best you possibly can everyday and when you feel down or feel like it is all in vain take a cool down and think about why your a mom and how important it is to your kids.

Take care
Diana
becca12094
by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 5:02 PM

The voting is not in yet, but I am pretty sure I suck at it...LOL!

momof3andhappy
by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 6:57 PM
Oh yes!!! There are MANY MANY MANY time when I feel like I should be striped of my mom title! But I think we all go through periods of feeling that way. As they say, kids don't come with manuals and we are all doing for the first time each time b/c each child is different. Hang in there, sooner or later, you will see something in your child(ren) or they will say something that will let know know that hey, you're doing a pretty darn good job after all!
Joelsmom11601
by on Apr. 22, 2007 at 6:14 PM
I am a horrible mom and I have been told this by many people. I am a great caregiver but I definately lack in the disclipine dept. Since Joel is my only child I aways babied him and gave him what he wanted. I never really yelled at him and when I did I never follow through. Well now Joel doesn't listen to a word I say and disrespects me. I don't even like taking him out because of the way he behaves towards me. Joel and I started going to a behavorial therapist and she wants to see me without Joel again so she can speak to me because of the way I never disclipine Joel. I love Joel more then anything but am not raising him well at all. 
HappyMomtoTwo
by on Apr. 23, 2007 at 3:01 AM

I would have to say that on a daily basis I think that I am not doing the best that a mother should. But then I stop to realize that I'm not "Betty Crocker" and that I'm not "June Cleaver" and I smile and think that as long as my kid's are happy and healthy then I must be doing something right. Hugs, Stephanie

michelleloweoh
by on Apr. 24, 2007 at 6:47 PM
yes i feel like that lots of times.Cry
sofakitty
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 9:51 AM
Sometimes I think I'm too hard. I don't like to dicipline Benjamin. It hurts me more than it hurts him. lol I don't like to see him hurt or crying. I love to see him smile. He has the pretties eyes and demples. So I encourage him to do good so I can be good to him. He's my sunshine..lol I do punish him when I see fit but I also think I let too many things go. So yea I'm either too hard or too easy. Theres no middle ground with me lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)