Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CURIOSITY...

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 2:39 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 208 Total Views

I recently caught m y daughter trying to sneak a Playboy Mag out of her uncles room. Something she obviously searched for cause it was up in a closet. I caughter her before she looked at it....thank goodness! I didn't scold her about it. One thing I did do is remind her about the rules of the house. #1 Don't touch anyone's things without permission. #2 Don't go into anyone's private area's without permission. The next thing I did is explain to her that "honesty is the best policy." I wanted it to be clear that although she is in trouble for her actions, she'd be in far more trouble if she lied....i notice that she is getting more curious about the world, how things work, relationships between people, etc... Anyone else going through this?

by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 2:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
shortla2374
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 1:47 PM
Yes!!!  That's to funny about the magazine though.  My daughter has a new question everyday.  Just things that I didn't think about when I was her age.  I try and be as honest as I can with answering her questions.   I think that you handled it perfectly telling her about the asking before touching anyone else's property.
EMandMsmommy
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 4:44 PM
Wow, they are so young. Mine haven't been curious about that and their dad gets playboy (taken he keeps them enclosed in plastic) but still. I do understand the lying part. I try to teach my kids that lying just makes the punishment worse and then they lose the trust that they once had. My son is pretty much done with lying (I hope) but my daughter is still learning. She usually takes a while before she will come clean by saying, "oh alright, I did it". One of the only times that I will ever swat her butt. They know when asked, "what does mommy hate the most?" and they will tell you it's lying.
Good luck to you. I think you handled it very well.
-Sandy 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)