Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BIRTHDAYS

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:58 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 430 Total Views

Ok my daughter is turning 8 on January 20th. I have no idea what to do for her birthday. I was wondering what some were planning on doing with their kids birthdays that are coming up. Thanks for sharing! :0)

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jodi_A
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 7:36 AM

Jessica's birthday is in March, but she's already talking about what she wants to do.  Here are some options:
1. Have a sleep-over with 4-5 friends at the house.  This is nice because it's relatively inexpensive and you can justifiably keep the head-count low. 
2. Go to the local roller-skating rink and rent it for a party.  We just went to a friend's party there last weekend and it was very well run and a lot of fun for the kids.
3. Chuck E Cheese.  I'm not excited about this one, but it's always on the table.
4. A party at the pool at the indoor rec center. 

Last year I just had her party here at our house and it was fun. 

*~*~*~Jodi~*~*~*

justanotherjen
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 7:47 AM

We don't throw big parties for our kids.  We don't have the money and I don't have the energy for that stuff.

My oldest turned 8 in June and we took her out to breakfast (she chose IHOP) and then spent the rest of the day at her best friend's house (her best friend's birthday is the day before hers, she turned 9 in June).  We didn't even see her the rest of the day, lol (she opened her gifts before we even went out to eat).

My 2001 kid just celebrated his 7th birthday in October.  He had school that day and when he got home I had his gifts sitting on the chair.  I cooked him one of his favorite dishes because we didn't have the money to go out ot eat (which is our tradition).

Then I helped him put his Lego set together after he did his homework.  He had a blast.

None of them have had a big, huge bash with lots of kids around and they've never complained (the older two have even been to parties like that and still never complain that they don't get one).  They are just happy to get a couple (and I mean just a couple) of gifts and spend the day doing what they want (they get to pick what we eat and what we watch on TV) and not having to do any chores.

keyawin
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:27 PM

I have the same problem my son is turning 8 in february. I dont know what to do for him. He asked a while back to have a party at the park but where we live its not an option. Its -3 outside right now and so you can see it will be cold and snowy then too.

MommyId
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 3:35 PM

My kids get a small party with just 3 or fewer friends.  We have gone bowling, this year we took them Ice skating, we have taken them to a pottery painting place.  The whole thing this year was less than $20 and the girls had a great time.

My DS hasn't asked for a kid party yet, but the rules will still apply.

Angel267
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 7:57 PM

Have you asked her what she would like for her birthday?  Have a sleep over with her friends and rent a movie and get a pizza

Danielle

worrier
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 10:06 AM

My daughter will be 8 on Jan 25. We have her party here at the house.
She just likes play time with her friends and then we get a couple of pizza's
for them, do a craft , sing happy b-day and she loves it!

southern_gal101
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 1:41 PM

My daughter will be 8 on January 4th, and I'm expecting #2 on Jan 28th, so we're having a small gathering. I'm also taking her and 2 friends skating and pizza.

mrhjoyce
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 1:44 PM

My son recently had his birthday and we went bowling and the bowling alley also has an indoor mini-golf course and so we did that too and had pizza and it was a lot of fun!

mother_iffi
by on Dec. 25, 2008 at 3:36 PM

My daughter just had her 7th birthday, and I got a magician, and we did face painting and had a pinyata.  (DOn't know how to spell that)

She loved it!

Hope that helped at least a little...

MrsBlair2008
by on Jan. 9, 2009 at 4:09 PM

My daughter is turning 8 on the 29th. She wants a Cowgirl theme party. So we are still trying to figure out what we are gonna do with that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)