Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

over the xmas break i want to spend a day with just me and my daughter...

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:42 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 218 Total Views

does anyone have ideas? she is very artsy, girly. i want to do something just the two of us. leave her daddy and little brother at home. i feel like sometimes we dont bond very well anymore. she would rather go to my MIL's house than spend time with me. my MIL is very girly too. i am not. MIL does the baking, cooking, etc with my kids that I don't do. she also does the makeup and jewelry thing with my daughter. so i want to do something that doesnt involve that kindof stuff. something just for us. SUGGESTIONS, please.

lboy on a swingshooting photowearing crown

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kylie819
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:51 PM

I don't know if you have any of these stores in your area...but we have several places where you can paint pottery and bring it home.  They are usually pretty reasonably priced - average is probably $10.00 per piece.  You paint it there and get to take it home (either that day, if it's "paint and go", or the next week after it is fired and finished,)  If your daughter is artsy she might enjoy this!  My daughter is 7 and she LOVES going there.  The places near me are Painted Penguin, Color Me Mine, and the Plainfield Art Factory (I know that one's not a chain!)  But the first two have multiple locations which are listed online! 

southern_gal101
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 1:42 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

Quoting Kylie819:

I don't know if you have any of these stores in your area...but we have several places where you can paint pottery and bring it home.  They are usually pretty reasonably priced - average is probably $10.00 per piece.  You paint it there and get to take it home (either that day, if it's "paint and go", or the next week after it is fired and finished,)  If your daughter is artsy she might enjoy this!  My daughter is 7 and she LOVES going there.  The places near me are Painted Penguin, Color Me Mine, and the Plainfield Art Factory (I know that one's not a chain!)  But the first two have multiple locations which are listed online! 

mradliztina
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 11:49 PM

Does a pedicure and manicure sounds good what about a massage? Girls love those type of things at that age they want to to in your shoes sometimes. My 7yo asks me all the time when can she get her nails done, maybe a hair cut too. It is a very social atmosphere and you could have great conversations there ( with your baby girl). Perhaps go to your local mall there is so much you can do. You can also look into your neighborhood paper and find a craft class or craft fair nearby. Good Luck have fun!

mommyshell2004
by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 12:01 AM

Hey weaveress.. nice to see you in this group too!!!

I know my girl (obviously a 2001 baby!!) always loves Build a Bear, and my girl is definitely an artsy, girly girl.  She loves to find an animal or doll(the dolls are cheaper!!) and stuff it, put a heart in it, dress it and all that. Its fun picking out the outfits,they get to  really show their own style!! And its something that she can look at forever and remember your special time together.  I would say most animals cost , with outfit and all that around 50$ , the dolls around half that.

Have fun, and I was also just thinking of giving my special girl a day too!!! She is soo awesome, she deserves some extra attention. I would also be leaving my lil guy home with the big guy LOL

Take care

Shell

nicolen71
by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 7:15 AM

When my daughter and I do girls night out, we usually get dinner and go shopping. A movie is a great idea too. We have done pottery painting as well and really enjoy that.  You can also look for craft stores like Michaels or AC Moorre and see if they offer any mother/daughter craft classes.  Do you scrapbook? That is also a fun activity you can do together.

Have fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)