Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MySpace/Friendster/Facebook?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:34 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 489 Total Views

Does your kiddo know about these sites?  Mine asked me the other day about friendster.  She said that her grandma lets her go on there. 

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeckyYoder
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:51 PM

I know nothing about friendster so I can't help you there. We have decided not let our children have a page for either myspace (maybe never, not big on that site) or facebook until around 12/13. I may be a little more lenient on the facebook page because it is so much "cleaner" than myspace.

livewell
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Our kids are allowed to use the compute to do Rosetta Stone (to learn German now, and then French) and to check their email, and school work. They are closely supervised and not on it if we are not in the room. There are way too many predators out there!

TDsmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:14 PM

My daughter has seen me on myspace & facebook, but has never asked about it or wanted to check it out. She can play nickjr.com on here- but that's it so far!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
keyawin
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:37 PM

My son has facebook, but he doesnt even know his email and password only I do so he is supervized and I get to approve all his friends.

threeBoysMommy
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 7:43 AM

My son (14) has facebook and Myspace.... both watched by me, family members, and friends.

My 7 year old is lucky to even play with my computer. He has his own for homework, and games. He will know them after he turns 13 only because its really not that big of a deal when a parent controls it.

MandAsmom519
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 8:07 AM

My son has no interest in social networking...he's 7.  He has his own computer, but we have a program that blocks sites he shouldn't be on.  He mainly plays computer games.  He emailes his Aunts (who are 15) through our Wii.  He'll Google things on occasion, but they're usually Star Wars or Spongebob. 

san3
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 1:29 PM

All three of my boys (ages 12, 10, and 7), my husband, and I have myspace accounts. I have their passwords and they know I look at it daily. They are allowed to have family and family friends as "friends". Anyone else we have to approve first. I have it set up where you have to know their last name before you can even send a friends request. So far it has worked great. We have a large family that is spread out all over. This helps them stay in contact and feel close to family they wouldn't otherwise. Plus it gives them a chance to express themselves. Myspace has backgrounds, music, applications, ect. that you can add to make your page tell more about you.   

We also let them play on Nick, NickJR., Cartoon Network, and a few other sites.

proudmamaof2kid
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 7:23 PM

My son is 7, he has his own puter, but he only plays games and he dosen't ask for anything else and if he would I would look and take look of them all.

As it so many predartors out there then better be careful and look after us kids what thye doing on the puter.

robinski41671
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:24 AM

same here. mine has never asked about it but has seen mine.if and when she does, I'll only know the password and will monitor everything.

Quoting TDsmom:

My daughter has seen me on myspace & facebook, but has never asked about it or wanted to check it out. She can play nickjr.com on here- but that's it so far!

shooting photocombingplaying soccer girlgirl on a swing

ME                       JOE                SELENA                  TORRI

http://www.freewebs.com/robinski41671/index.htm

LauraPPL
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 6:00 AM

No, but i do let her use the computer for Webkins, place the states, and FREERICE.COM only

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)