Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newbie with daughter born in Oct. 01

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:09 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 159 Total Views

Hello!  My name is Jessa and I am a mother to almost 6. =)  My 2001 "baby" is my oldest, so many things that her and I go through are a first for me!  Her name is Alyssa and she was born in October, is 7 yrs old, and in 1st grade.  She is an easy going and good natured child, but lately she has gotten a bit of an attitude!  I also have a 5 year old daughter and a 3 year old son, as well as a 6 year old step-daughter and a 5 year old step-son.  We are expecting our next bundle of joy (a girl) in July.  I can't wait to chat with other moms who have children around Alyssa's age and know just what I am going through!  =)

This is Alyssa:

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiabird84
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Welcome to the group!!  My son, Braden is also an Oct 01 baby!  his birthday is Oct 2nd.   Your daughter is beautiful!  I think the attitude thing comes w/ the age!  Braden is there too!  lol

mrhjoyce
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Welcome!  My son is a halloween baby!  Your daughter is adorable!

Check out the great stuff my husband and I make at:

www.bonanzle.com/booths/HandmadeNovelTea

Thanks!

Monica

Emeraldmama7
by on Apr. 13, 2009 at 12:29 PM

I was afraid of that!!!  =)

Quoting tiabird84:

Welcome to the group!!  My son, Braden is also an Oct 01 baby!  his birthday is Oct 2nd.   Your daughter is beautiful!  I think the attitude thing comes w/ the age!  Braden is there too!  lol

txmomof3
by on Apr. 13, 2009 at 11:23 PM

My daughter Katie was born in October also. Your daughter is so cute!

Carrie

Mommy of 4: Katie, 10/17/01; Briana, 6/19/03; Clayton, my angel, 3/4/07; & Hailey, 4/24/08

momof389
by on Apr. 14, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Hi I  too have a 2001 baby who was born in Feb she is 8 yrs old and I have to agree the attitude comes with the age. LOL and as a mom of 3 girls  ranges from 19 to 8 let me tell you it don't get any better   LOL  but I have to say I wouldn't trade them for the world, well some days I would  lol  but serioiuslly it is the age and for the most part  my 8 yr old is very well behaved

gio143
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 6:44 PM

I also have a 7 y/o born sept 01...He is a good boy but does have a little attitude sometime...I had a baby in dec 08 hes 4 months old now...at first my son loved being around his baby brother but now that the baby is getting bigger awake more often and needs more attention my oldest is jelous..i was even playing around with the baby the other day and it sounded like he was yelling for my attention when i was talkin to my 7 y/o and i laughed at the baby and said its not always all about you and my 7 y/o looked at me and said yea it is always about him and walked away i felt soooo bad....

Nita929
by on Apr. 21, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Oct 01 mom here as well. Dd was born 10-11-01. And yes we have the full blown 7 year old attitude at our house too!

AndrewsMommy01
by on Apr. 21, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Welcome. My name is also Jessica :-) I have a soon to be 8 yr old son and he is nothing but attitude, smart mouth and dirty looks. So I will not be much help with that because I can not figure out how to make it stop myself. As a matter of fact I have to go deal with an attitude right now lol.

Ricky3smom
by on Apr. 22, 2009 at 12:25 PM

<g> I'd forgotten how nice it was to have a group of ladies with kids the same ages to compare notes with. (I was part of a group of ladies on a pregnancy board when I was expecting my son and we stayed together for quite some time after.)

Ricky is a really great kiddo, but yes, he is getting a bit of an attitude as well just lately. I could put it down to our life situation (soon-to-be ex recently jailed, us separated and heading for divorce) but maybe it's not just that now that I'm hearing it seems to be an age-related thing as well.

Because he's pretty sweet natured just naturally, I haven't made too much of an issue about his little attitude moments. If he crosses the line of being respectful, I'll address it, but for the most part, I find if I ignore the negative and find positive things to praise him about, he'll go for the praise rather than the scolding most of the time. I think I'm pretty lucky though just because he's inherently easy-going.

Blessings,

RAnee

cat

Ranee, Mom to Two Wonderful Boys: Ricky (7) and Shane (20)

Believe in Miracles!

momslife9118
by on Apr. 23, 2009 at 12:27 AM

welcome she is too cute My son ryan was born september 23rd of 01

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)