Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Changing majors

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 8:30 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 183 Total Views
Well, I decided to change majors. I'm only in my first semester, so it's not so bad. I started taking the pre-reqs for the nursing program, and remembered how much I hated biology when I was in high school (my last biology class was over 20 years ago, which doesn't help). And, I keep looking at this software catalog I have that has all this cool software for animation and photo editing and web pages and stuff. I keep looking at it and saying "this is so cool, I should've went into tech". And I always talk about the stuff I did when I was in school and had to make web pages and stuff I did at work like making pamphlets for the company and such. So, I thought, why the heck aren't I in the technology program if I enjoy it that much. And I'm good at it.  So I'm going to switch and go into the program that will get me a BA in Computer Information Systems. I'll have tons of classes in photo stuff, web stuff, spreadsheets and databases (I even think that stuff is fun!)! I've done a little research on salaries, and I can make the same as an RN. Plus, I could work from home or have my own business. I could also teach this stuff! I help some people out in my computer and my math class a lot, and have been told by the instructors that I'd be an awesome teacher!  Well, I have 4-5 years before I get my BA, (thank God I've been to school previously and have some of the extras, like humanities and English and such) but I'm so excited! Woo Hoo!
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)