Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any avon reps had this happen before?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:12 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 536 Total Views

so i recieved a request for a contact through avon. so i did. she wanted a simple order but kept leaving off her address. i gave her the total and she said she was sending me a cashier's check. then the next day she emails me back all upset that her art dealer sent me her entire check. if i could deduct her order and then wire the rest back to her art dealer she'd appreciate it.

so i get the check and it's 2,000. her order was 140.00. then she says to keep 20.00 for myself for any trouble it's caused me.

shortly after her request i get 2 other contact requests with different names wanting to place retail orders and wanting to know what kind of deal i can give them.

NONE of them live in my area where i could just hand deliver the orders.

i called the bank on the check to see if they could look up somehow and see if it's a fraudulant check but to do that i'd have to call a special number and it's a 10.00 charge.

anyway i just have this funny feeling about the whole situation.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KellyJB
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Sounds like a scam. 
Always direct them to order online through your website.  I don't know anyone without a credit card these days, and if it is a business, they definitely have a charge card.  If they give you a tough time with your request to order online, then they aren't worth doing business with.  You need to protect yourself and not worry that you may hurt someones feelings.

Good Luck
- Kelly

Teeshann
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:43 AM

thanks. i didn't understand why if they weren't in my area they wouldn't just order online and would want to go through me.

pamb1
by Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 9:31 AM

That is a sure indication of a SCAM.  The only legitimate (and safe for you) way to order through our eRep website is to choose Direct Delivery and they pay online using their CC, or if they are close by to you, they can choose Rep Delivery, and it will show up in your order cart to process and deliver.

Don't deviate from that, and you won't have a problem.

www.youravon.com/pamburger

Change your life with the world’s largest direct seller!  
Use reference code: pamburger

lucjenemom3
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Yea I'm thinking that she wanted to get the extra money for something else. That sounds weird.

justgrape723
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:25 PM

scam!!!!!! I used to work at a bank. And that is the oldest scam in the books. The cashiers check will "look" very real but it is not and in the long run it will cost you $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

sade110
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I believe its a scam. I have gotten several email myself from people wanting to send me a check.

MomRay
by Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Definetly a scam

JJones02
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I've gotten many requests like this and the speil is always pretty similar. They are scams. If they won't meet you in person, give you a number to talk to them and only want to deal with you via email then don't place an order for them and NEVER give money back on a money order. I don't even take money orders and I barely take checks. Also, make sure you are reporting these fishers to Avon and the FBI so they can keep track of them and hopefully catch their sorry butts.

JJones02
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:07 AM

The answer to this usually comes in the form of not having a credit card available to use for online purchases! When asked for a phone number to talk to them about their order, I am told that they are deaf. There will always be an excuse when you ask for more info. 

Quoting Teeshann:

thanks. i didn't understand why if they weren't in my area they wouldn't just order online and would want to go through me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)