Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After School Activities

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:49 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 190 Total Views

What kind of things are your 2000 kids interested in?  Do they play sports? dance? music? cheerleading?  Do they do it just for fun or for competition?  How stressful is it?

My Jessie plays soccer and takes piano lessons.  The soccer is a developmental league, so they are not supposed to keep score, but you know the kids sure know if they win or lose!  I think the highlight of the game is what kind of snack they get at the end of the game!  She has a one hour piano lesson once a week, and fights me every day to practice.  They hold a recital twice a year, and she is so proud of herself when she plays well.  She was in cheerleading last year for a little while, but the competition was just too expensive, so we quit.  I think sports and music are so important.  What do you think?

Barbara  typing 

Year 2000 Kids! Group Administrator

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
momk23
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:38 PM

My son plays baseball.  He moved up one division this year so it is more intense than last year.  Two or three practices a week (  1 - 2 hours each) and two games (1 hour warm up and two hour game).  Some of the boys love it, but I think it has just become too much for him.  Right now he says he doesn't want to play again next year.  He may change his mind, but we are not going to push it.  He says he wants to try swim team or tennis.  The problem with swimming is they practice 4 days a week with meets on the weekend.  Again a big time commitment.  I haven't looked into tennis so I don't know anything about that.  We'll see.

Barbara3js
by Group Admin on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:44 PM

My oldest son (now 13) played baseball for a long time and about 2 years ago he had a really bad coach who totally turned him off of the game, and hasn't played since.  Now he is thinking of trying basketball throuth the Y.  Swimming sounds interesting, but I understand the big time commitment.  I just know he needs something to keep him active, or he will be a big couch potato!

Barbara  typing 

Year 2000 Kids! Group Administrator

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)