Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think freedom of religion applies to all religions?

Posted by   + Show Post
I dont. I think it only only applies to some. What is your opinion, and why?

by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 9:36 AM
Replies (21-21):
seakla
by on Jun. 20, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting seakla:

Hey, I joined this group because this post intrigued me.

I follow pagan practices (NOT Devil worship).  And to me freedom of religion means the freedom to PRACTICE a religion.  I should be free to practice my religion without persecution and get the same rights as the other religions.  It is peaceful, and nature-based and does not condone harming others or illegal activities.  I don't do drugs or sacrifice virgins, animals or small children.  So, why is it not accepted?

As long a religion does not condone hurting others, or illegal acts or illegal drug usage why can it not be accepted?

Freedom of religion means the freedom to practice a religion.  Freedom from religion means the choice to not have religion and to not be force-fed another's beliefs.
Hey Seakla, I haven't seen you in forever. It's good to see you again.

Funny how you mention the sacrifice of animals because this is what I had always heard as a child growing up.

Not to long ago I mentioned to my mother that I had met some Pagans and they said this was not true. She told me not to believe that but it is true and it is just kept very private in small Pagan communities and most Pagans keep to themselves not to bring attention to their practices.

The funny thing is, my mother has never actually met a real Pagan before, lol.

Knowing how my own religion has been twisted and misrepresented makes me question what I hear about others. For example, the whole thing with the Mormons and their children being taken away, I really wonder about all that especially now that many of the children have returned. I thinl that is one example of how we DON'T have freedom of reilgion.
It's good to see you too.  You're the reason I joined this group,  I saw you had joined. lol

Yeah, I grew up hearing the same thing.  And I am not saying there aren't people out there who misrepresent the beliefs...there are some sad pathetic groups that might be cruel to animals.  But that is not a representation of pagans or the beliefs. 

Also, we don't have sexual orgies which is something I had to explain to a co-worker. lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)