Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Radio Host, Michael Savage

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 2:00 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 373 Total Views

Michael Savage may not be on the air too much longer. We (Muslim Community) have been very busy and successful getting sponsor's to drop him. We wont stop until he has none left. Personally I think he needs to put in a concentration camp somewhere, where he wont be able to sling his hate around.

Savage's shouted anti-Muslim attacks included:

"I'm not gonna put my wife in a hijab. And I'm not gonna put my daughter in a burqa. And I'm not gettin on my all-fours and braying to Mecca. And you could drop dead if you don't like it. You can shove it up your pipe. I don't wanna hear anymore about Islam. I don't wanna hear one more word about Islam. Take your religion and shove it up your behind. I'm sick of you."

"What kind of religion is this? What kind of world are you living in when you let them in here with that throwback document in their hand, which is a book of hate. Don't tell me I need reeducation. They need deportation. I don't need reeducation. Deportation, not reeducation. You can take C-A-I-R and throw 'em out of my country. I'd raise the American flag and I'd get out my trumpet if you did it. Without due process. You can take your due process and shove it."

"What sane nation that worships the U.S. constitution, which is the greatest document of freedom ever written, would bring in people who worship a book that tells them the exact opposite. Make no mistake about it, the Quran is not a document of freedom. The Quran is a document of slavery and chattel. It teaches you that you are a slave."

To listen to these and other bigoted statements by Savage, click here.

Michael Savage has a long history of rhetorical attacks on Muslims and other minorities. In 2004, Savage stated: "I think [Muslims] need to be forcibly converted to Christianity...It's the only thing that can probably turn them into human beings." In 2006, he called for a ban on Muslim immigration and recommended making "the construction of mosques illegal in America."

SEE: Savage Says Ban the Construction of US Mosques

SEE ALSO: Michael Savage (Media Matters)

by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
muslimah
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 2:01 PM

GOOD NEWS ALERT #528
ACTION ALERT #529: Ask JCPenney to Follow OfficeMax's Example
OFFICEMAX DROPS MICHAEL SAVAGE ADS OVER ANTI-ISLAM BIAS
(WASHINGTON, D.C., 11/15/2007) - The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today announced that OfficeMax, a leading office products retailer, has joined a growing list of companies that have stopped advertising on Michael Savage's nationally-syndicat ed radio program because of the host's anti-Muslim views.
CAIR recently reported that Savage, whose "The Savage Nation" airs on more than 300 radio stations nationwide, screamed attacks on Muslims, Islam and the Quran, Islam's revealed text, during his October 29, 2007, program.
To listen to Savage's bigoted statements, click here.
The Washington-based Islamic civil rights and advocacy group called on radio listeners of all faiths to contact companies that advertise on Savage's program to express their concerns about the host's anti-Muslim bigotry.
Companies that have dropped ads from Savage's program include Citrix Systems Inc., a global leader in application delivery infrastructure.
"It is encouraging that companies nationwide are choosing not to associate with Mr. Savage's hatred and bigotry," said CAIR Communications Coordinator Amina Rubin. "Freedom of speech includes the right not to subsidize hate."
Rubin thanked OfficeMax for its prompt response to Muslim concerns. She said CAIR is asking other Savage advertisers to follow that company's example.
CAIR, America's largest Muslim civil liberties group, has 33 offices and chapters nationwide and in Canada. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding
milimama
by on Apr. 8, 2008 at 6:28 PM
Michael Savage is a douche bag. If the people who listened to his show listened to NPR instead they wouldn't think like that. I don't know what people have against the Quran. We just made an Army move and I read it while I was staying in the hotel. It's the same characters that are in the Bible! Noah, Jesus, Adam and Eve. They're all in there! And it makes sense too, much like the Bible. The main points seem to be: love your wife, don't kill and be nice. Oh, and pray. Why can't Americans understand that radical Msulims are just a SMALL fraction of the bazillion Muslims out there? Do all Christians have 13 teenage wives? Do all Christians bomb abortion clinics? Do all Christians get on tv and ask for your money to heal you? No? Well, if there was a Muslim Michael Savage and you listened to him you'd probably think so.
calilove12
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2008 at 9:20 AM
I agree milimama- I listened to his show once because I wanted to hear for myself  but wow this lunatic has issues-lol!  I even called and complained to one of his show's sponsors and to let them know they are supporting this bigot & I wont be shopping there anymore..
anyway, the good thing is he lost so many sponsors.  So many people regardless of faith and race came together against this nut -- i love it when people take the power back against this type of hate :-)
Quoting milimama:

Michael Savage is a douche bag. If the people who listened to his show listened to NPR instead they wouldn't think like that. I don't know what people have against the Quran. We just made an Army move and I read it while I was staying in the hotel. It's the same characters that are in the Bible! Noah, Jesus, Adam and Eve. They're all in there! And it makes sense too, much like the Bible. The main points seem to be: love your wife, don't kill and be nice. Oh, and pray. Why can't Americans understand that radical Msulims are just a SMALL fraction of the bazillion Muslims out there? Do all Christians have 13 teenage wives? Do all Christians bomb abortion clinics? Do all Christians get on tv and ask for your money to heal you? No? Well, if there was a Muslim Michael Savage and you listened to him you'd probably think so.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)