Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cant find a job...

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 1:21 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 223 Total Views
i can't find a job, but i've had a lot of strippers say that I should strip, yes take my clothes off, exotic dancer... I wanna get some peoples advise... what should I do? should I just keep looking for  ajob or take their advise?
by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
muslimah
by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 2:38 PM

I personally would not. I would look for other options.

I have seen some get caught up in that life who just started out wanting to make a living and it ended up disastrous as it lead to other things later on.

I know here in Michigan the job situation is really bad. People with degrees are working in fast food and stores such as Wal-Mart.

My husband has several degrees including one Masters and is a semester away from his second Masters and he is doing something way below his qualifications. He has sent out about 5000 applications for his qualifications since August and has heard nothing.

You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.
                                                                 Hajj-Malil Shabaz aka Malcolm X

-
seakla
by on Jun. 25, 2008 at 8:11 AM
It is tough, my husband is looking for work too.  While I have nothing against strippers/exotic dancers I think I would keep looking if I were you.  There is still no guarantee that you would get a job in that area anyway, just because a few strippers tell you that you can doesn't mean that the nightclub owners will hire you.

Its hard, but hang in there.  What I do when I desperately need a job is flip through the yellow pages and get the addy's of all the places you think you could work, want to work or are qualified to work.  For example, I have childcare experience and an associates...so I get the addy's of every daycare and mail off a resume.

Try some temp agencies first as well, or employment agencies.

Good luck!

KimberlyMonique
by on Jul. 6, 2008 at 2:23 PM
Lets see your body and then I can form a well rounded opinion :) Stripping is something I would never do, although I do have an awesome body.
Ever wonder what and what not to say to a mother who has suffered a miscarriage, still birth, or the death of a child??? Click here to find out.

LoriaAnn
by on Jul. 6, 2008 at 3:52 PM
i have a good friend who is a stripper...she has been doing it for about three years now...while it is really good money, it has taken a toll on her psychologically and she has missed out on a lot fo really good long term opportunities because she would have to give up the money for a little while...she's pregnant now and im guessing she wont be stripping much longer (the big belly and swollen ankles dont work well with poles and 4 inch heels...lol) if you are truly desperate for money, it is a legal option to make good money with little qualifications....but like others have said, i have seen too many lives destroyed by the lifestyle...im not going to say all, but ALOT of strippers have to get intoxicated in some way just to keep going out there every night and a lot end up with drug and alcohol problems....so if you decide to do it BE CAREFUL!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)