Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

About a mothers age and others (Not the cafemom age limit)

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 10:07 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 450 Total Views
Am I the only one, 100% fucking SICK of mothers in young mothers groups completely trash talking OTHER young mothers for being young?

It's reallyyyy starting to piss me off.  I'm VERY close to quitting the young mothers group, because there's no god damn RIGHT age to have a kid.

by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kloesmommy
by Group Owner on Aug. 16, 2007 at 10:13 PM
Ya i kinda feel you there and I dont even consider myself a young mother. I was 20 when I got preggo and 21 when I had kloe but I grew up in virginia and all my friends I grew up with have 2 or 3 year olds and my parents had both of us before they were 23 so really I was pretty old in comparison. But ya I dont think your age makes you a good or bad mom. Someone told me when I first got pregnant "no one is EVER ready for a baby, just as ready as THEY can be" it made sense to me because you NEVER know what to expect with your baby because every baby is different so how could you possibly be READY?

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Glitter Text Generator

left   left

left

left

left

http://www.cafemom.com/group/controversialconversations Group Owner

scmom29054
by on Aug. 17, 2007 at 12:29 PM
     My BF was 17 when she had her 1st and she is a really great mom. It depends on  the person not the age. There are some women who are in their 30's ans 40's that have no business being mothers.
KayleesMom67
by on Aug. 17, 2007 at 12:37 PM
I was 20 when I got preggerz and 21 when I had Kaylee, and I was one of the oldest ones to have a kid lol. I don't care who you are, you are never prepared to be a first time mom cause you don't know what all is involved. You are fooling yourself if think you do!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Married for 2 years baby!
Daisypath Ticker

Aidens_mom419
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 11:39 AM
Yeah, its so fucking annoying. People tell me all the time that i'm too young to be a mother. i got pregnant when i was 18 and had Aiden when i was 19. My friend is 21 and she has a 4 and a 2 year old. it doesn't matter how old you are as long as you are willing and able to take care of a child
rhinestone
by on Aug. 24, 2007 at 5:01 AM
I totally agree. And what was said about mothers that are in their 30's and 40's that have no business being mothers... you took the words out of my mouth lol.

"In German The meaning of the name Ramona is: Counsel; mighty protection; guards wisely. In Spanish The meaning of the name Ramona is: Wise defender."

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

-Benjamin Franklin

ND_mommy
by on Aug. 24, 2007 at 7:19 AM
but what about the young mothers that condone drug use? even if the child is sleeping, it doens't make it right...drugs are illegal...

"Making the decision to have a child-it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
~Elizabeth Stone

kloesmommy
by Group Owner on Aug. 25, 2007 at 3:22 AM

Quoting ND_mommy:

but what about the young mothers that condone drug use? even if the child is sleeping, it doens't make it right...drugs are illegal...

"Making the decision to have a child-it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
~Elizabeth Stone

I totally agree with you there. But its not just young mothers, my SIL smokes pot daily (even pregnant) and she is like 32. She is one of those ones mentioned a couple posts up in her 30's that has NO BUSINESS HAVING KIDS. and she is in labor with her 4 as I type this. (labor for 2 days so far cause the baby doesnt wanna come out and be in her fucked up world)

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Glitter Text Generator

left   left

left

left

left

http://www.cafemom.com/group/controversialconversations Group Owner

ND_mommy
by on Aug. 25, 2007 at 9:35 AM
that's a good point...i worded that wrong!

~Elizabeth Stone

tolazytocare
by Member on Aug. 25, 2007 at 12:13 PM
I agree 100% I am 19 and 5 monts pregnant and I know for a fact that there are women my age that have made wonderful mothers(and some not so much)... and women twice my age that still can't handle it. I'm new to this page so I haven't read too many posts on the subject but what sickens me is the people who think that I'm incompitent and reckless just because of my age. I have done everything for my unborn child and I will continue to through her life. It bugs me that people are so audacious that they think they are better suited to make decisions for my family than I am. The fact that I am young does not pre-dispose me to being a bad mother. My actions should be the gauge of that. In the end I suppose it doesent matter, but I wish people would open their eyes and stop living according to a ridiculous idea of societal normalcy. Idiocy and malice is not as descriminate to age, religion, or race as any of these people seem to think it is.
milimama
by on Apr. 8, 2008 at 6:51 PM
My hubby and I had our 1st at 21. We were probably a little too young and should've lived a little more but I am pretty happy with the way we've raised her. I was in college at the time and some of my friends still don't have kids. I have to say I've met old and young moms who should've had to apply for a prenting license, but the chance that someone will have a harder time parenting when they are young is higher because 1. they probably don't have a well-paying job 2. they may not be mature and 3. they won't get a lot of social support. I look really young at almost 29 and I get a LOT of dirty looks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)